Posted July 17, 2014
Glen Iris Elementary is an outstanding school with exceptional instructors, exemplary curricula and students who strive for excellence. I am honored to have my children as a part of a wonderful learning environment which utilizes all of its resources including extensive professional development for teachers, collaborative partnerships with vital entities including the University of Alabama-Birmingham, business, civic and community stakeholders to insure that students are receiving state of the art learning practices, intricate student engagement and opportunities which will have them equipped for the future, whether it is college or career.

Posted November 10, 2012
My daughter has attended this school since kindergarten and is now in the 2nd grade. She has learned so many things here and is becoming more culturally diversified. She is able to do and tell me things that I didn't learn at her age. This school really strives for excellence in their students learning.

Posted December 11, 2011
My daughter has attended Glen Iris since kindergarten and it has been a great learning experience. Her principal gets two thumbs up because he has gone out of his way to bring new things to the school such as the playground and new outside classroom. This is my daughter's last year, and I am going to hate to see her eave this school. It will be a challenge to replace the teachers and principal.

Glen Iris Elementary School 0

Posted April 21, 2010
My children have attended Glen Iris for 3 years. The experience has been wonderful. I love the faculty and staff. The teachers not only care about the quality of education the students receive, they also care about their safety. One day my mother was running late to pick up the kids; however, my son's teacher waited until my mother came before she went home. The teacher told my mom that she didn't mind waiting with my kids, she will wait anytime no matter what.

Posted April 13, 2010

Posted March 03, 2010
My child has been at Glen Iris for 4 years and the experience has been great. The principal and staff are caring people who want to see every child achieve at the highest level.

Posted February 05, 2010
I love glen iris,the teachers and the principle is very involve in the students academic studies,and they make sure the students read everyday.glen iris elementary is a great school.

Posted August 08, 2009
I believe Glen Iris Elementary is one of the best elementary schools in Birmingham. My daughter graduated from there in 2008 and this will be my son last year attending the school. After years at Glen Iris, I have had no complaints.

Posted March 04, 2009

Glen Iris Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2008

Glen Iris Elementary School
1115 11th St South, Birmingham, AL  35205
Last modified Glen Iris Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glen Iris Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top