Birmingham, AL

Erwin High School 3

Posted May 28, 2014
They could have given the 8th graders a graduation ceremony.That ,s sad.THEY,should let them know they have mad a BIG accomplishment.To help them look forward to Highschool .NO Certificates.GOD BLESS U ALL !!

Erwin High School 2

Posted April 23, 2013
This has got to be one of the worst schools ever. Instead of giving student report cards they give the students progress reports. Sometimes the teachers don't even put in all of the grades but then if there not putting in all of the grades now it seems as if your child is failing now isn't that crazy. The front office always have a lot of students in there doing the faculty job. I don't even know why they built this school.

Erwin High School 1

Posted February 10, 2011
i attend Erwin High school now and i am not satified with my education at all!i feel like i deserve a better education and they wonder why our test scores are so low!the teachers are not teaching they rather be on they iphone rather teaching and explaining to us!now i give credit to a couple of my teachers! MR.GODWIN,MS.GRESHAM,MS.GILLS,AND MR.SHELBY!those are the teachers that i am taking and take they job VERY SERIOUS!i hope everything change once we go into Centerpoint high shool!i will lways love my EAGLES but sometimes you just have to fly away and go somewhere better!

Erwin High School 4

Posted September 14, 2009
I have had two duaughters graduated out of Erwin High School and I'm just proud to say that Van Phillips have really turn things around. One year at the parent teacher meeting he stood there and politely said to all teachers, parents, and students and he said if you are tired of teaching then stop but if you don't wont to teach then leave. He also came behind that and said that he asked God when he is tired of being a principal maybe he has something planned for him. But, if you are here to teach then teach. That was the year when everything changed. Thank God! For that.

Posted July 21, 2009

Erwin High School 1

Posted May 07, 2009
Mr.Phillips and Mrs.Genise Reid should be the only two principals. Some of the teachers and assistant principals are the problems at this school and I'm not excluding some of our children. Parents, it start at home! If we can move the childish teachers and assistants our school will much better.

Posted May 05, 2009

Erwin High School 4

Posted April 21, 2009
I graduated from Erwin in May of 2005. I attended Erwin from 5th grade until graduation. I love this school to death. I am filled with pride and still attend sporting events and represent my alma mater. However, I felt cheated in my education. It is not 100% Erwin's fault. I blame most of it on Jefferson County Schools for not giving us the same funding and support given to the, to be perfectly honest, white schools in the county system when I went there. My Senior year was absolutely horrible. We were denied most priveliges of a high school that year, i.e. a band, pep rallies, homecoming week... However, if you want a strong, spirited, close knit group of individuals who will support each other for years to come after graduation, you will not find it at a better school.

Erwin High School 0

Posted September 29, 2008
I love this school,as long as you do your work an listen and pay attention you wont have any thing to worry about

Posted January 25, 2008
I went to Erwin from kindergarden all the way up to my mid senior year. It had its ups and downs, but the key word here is had. This school as gotten so much better when i was there. I moved out of the district and they found out. Im now at MJHS and if i could go back to Erwin i would give anything to. Erwin is so much better than this school. I miss you Erwin!!!!- Shannon K. Villa

Erwin High School
532 23rd Ave NW, Birmingham, AL  35215
Last modified Erwin High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Erwin High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top