Fultondale High School 0

Posted June 12, 2009
My eldest attended FHS for 1 year and I must say I am disappointted in what I have seen thus far. When his grades started dropping, I saw no contact from the teachers to my husband not myself to discuss the issue or find ways to help my son improve. Only when my husband went to them did they show any interest in helping him succeed. But still never went out of their way to help him, in my opinion. The building itself is old and needs much repair. We are giving serious thought to moving our son to a school where he can get a more positive education.

Fultondale High School 1

Posted May 15, 2009

Fultondale High School 4

Posted February 19, 2008
I love the small teacher/student ratio for better learning achievements.

Fultondale High School 5

Posted January 04, 2008
Fultondale high school is one of the best schools. Yes it is small but I went to a large school and kids get more attendtion in a small school. The teachers care more and kids are not just a number. All the teachers know every one and knows your child by name. Most all parants are helping out in what ever needs to be done. We need more schools like FHS.

Fultondale High School 5

Posted April 01, 2007

Fultondale High School 2

Posted March 30, 2007
- a former student
I'm not a parent, but an alumni who graduated in 2005. I have spent the last two years at UAB and I have to say, Fultondale High School did not prepare me for anything I have encountered in college. I was a cheerleader and a B-C average student. There are only a handful of teachers at Fultondale who actually care about the kids and the kids' futures. My senior year, I took Honors' English, passed with a B, and it ended up being the exact same class as the regular English class. Fultondale has a lot to work on when it comes to this school. I honestly wouldn't recommend parents sending their children to this school if they really want them to succeed in life.

Fultondale High School 2

Posted September 01, 2005
- a former student
my child is a student at fultondale high the educational opportunities are limited in many areas such as foreign languages. the administators have changed often. there are some sports programs but not very well developed and not really welcoming to students who have not been involved previously. the main problem we encountered was lack of support finding scholarships and financial aid for college. there doesn't seem to be a plan for preparing and moving the students to colleges or jobs. even the most talented and smartest students struggle to find where they should go next this is what schools should be doing preparing kids for the future parental involvement is encouraged only if you agree with the views of administrator.

Fultondale High School 4

Posted August 16, 2005
- a former student
I am not a parent of FHS but I am an alumna. I graduated in 2003 and have spent the past 2 years at Jacksonville State University in Jacksonville, AL. I thought and still think FHS is a great school. I was very involved in band and colorguard and found that the teachings of Mike Gillespie have stuck with me and I'm so proud to have been in his band. Ms. Rudzki was right, college years are the best years of my life, but I wouldn't trade my years as a daughter of Fultondale High for anything!

Fultondale High School 3

Posted May 15, 2005
I am currently a Junior at Fultondale High school and have mixed feelings about the quality of the school. The upper math classes for Junior and Seniors need alot of work. They are not taught well by the current math teacher. The other classes are very well taught, but I am afraid that I will not be well prepared for college after I graduate. The teachers are all very friendly and no student doesn't get the attention they deserve.

Fultondale High School
1450 Carson Rd North, Birmingham, AL  35217
Last modified Fultondale High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fultondale High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top