No rating

Grantswood Community Elementary School

Public | K-2 | 367 students

Posted April 7, 2014

My daughter attended this School for Kindergarden and the Teacher she had was AWESOME AND CURRICULM GREAT, but the staff is mostly unfriendly and some rude! You walk in the office and they dont speak, you have speak to them, not used to that! I took my daughter out and never looked back. If you can help it, DON'T DO IT if you are about kindness and friendliness.

Posted March 5, 2014

My daughter is in Kindergarten and this has been the best experience for her and a the staff is exellent

Posted May 5, 2011

My son went to Grantswood for kindergarten where he did very well. Then he went to Leeds Elementary for 1st grade where he was held back-he made very little progress that year. He's back at Grantswood this year for 1st grade and it has been an awesome year! The teachers and staff were so pleased to see him back and we were all greeted warmly. We have had very good communication with the school. My son is reading at a 2nd grade reading level and has made huge strides in every area. I definately credit this to the great work of his teachers, a terrific curriculum, and an appropriate homework regimine.

Posted January 4, 2010

I really liked Grantswood. The teachers really worked with my autistic son. However, the administrative staff is very unprofessional.

Posted December 8, 2009

The school has a great academic program. However I'm not impressed with the staff. This is my child's 2nd year at Grantswood and I have not experienced the 'ever so friendly' atmosphere from the falcuty that I've come in contact with but as far as the academics, it's a great school.

Posted February 11, 2009

My daughter is almost done with Kindergarten at Grantswood and I am so impressed with this school. She is a sponge for knowledge anyway and with her accelerated learning she is already reading at a end of year 1st grader. The teachers and other facility are just amazing and so caring about all the students under there wing. I would recommend this school for K-2 to anyone new or old in the area!

Posted October 17, 2008

We just moved from Pinson to Trussville and Grantswood has made the transition great for our son .

Posted October 2, 2008

My son just started K-5 at Grantswood and the whole staff has made it so much easier to transition for me and my son. We were very concerned about how he would in real school. He is a very resistant to change and gets upset very easily, but he wakes up each day ready to go to school because he loves it. go.

Posted January 17, 2008

This is a very friendly school. They speak to you, not down to you! The really like being around the kids and care for them. They continue to improve and add programs. The principal is very level headed and she is very approachable. My twins attend Grantswood now and their father, aunt, uncle and older sister also went there. We love this school!

Posted July 18, 2004

We have just completed three years at Grantswood and could not have asked for a better beginning for our son's academic years. The teachers and administration and caring and professional. They LOVE what they do and it shows in their attitudes and the attitudes and love of learning they have instilled in our child!

Posted August 26, 2003

This school has been a gift from God for our family. Coming from California, we had concerns about the public education system in this new State. Our daughter has learning delays, sensory integration disorders and high end autism, all of which demand a great deal of effort. Grantswood special education program has already made an impact in our daughter's skill levels within the first two weeks. She is receiving speech and occupational therapies weekly as part of the curriculum. The administration couldn't be more cooperative or helpful. The limited grade levels make the school a welcoming and safe atmosphere for the young children. We feel as if this school is a 'best kept secret,' and that it could go toe to toe with any private or wealthy public school. Many thanks to all the educators and administrators at Grantswood.

Posted May 19, 2003

I love this school!! My son has reading disabilities, the teachers at Grantswood have been so great with him, he has come a long way over this past school year. I'm so proud of him and of Grantswood for taking an interest and caring about my son...thank you so much.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 72%N/A56%

• Ms Ann W Tillman
Fax number
  • (205) 379-3745

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

Apply now