Bad
Good

I have 3 special children that attend Burkett! This is the most wonderful group of people. They care for and love my babies. They present so much new imformation to them. They have the facility and equipment to provide the special learning these children need to continue to thrive!

My daughter receives speech , OT, and PT. She has been in the Burkett program for almost 2 years. She looks forward to each therapist and has developed a wonderful rapport with them. Change is just as hard for us parents, but this change has been a blessing to her and our family. We appreciate each therapist and staff person.

my son is going into his 2nd year at Burkett. We have seen so much change in his social behavior and listening skills. His teacher and aides, the therapist and even the office staff are a huge support system for us as parents and they not only help our son but they give us the tools we need to help our son at home. We LOVE Burkett preschool!!!

My daughter has been at Burkett School for about 2 1/2 years now. I must say that this school is truly a God send. My child is taken care of so well and treated with all the warmth and care that I would give her at home. I am so thankful for this school and I don't know what I would do without them. Thanks to the teachers and staff for doing what they do so well.

My son just turned 5 and didn't have a chance to attent a full year as most kids would he does have autism and before Burkett my son was not social,had a very limited vocabulary,wasn't speaking sentences This school is a god send the teachers are all great and they really throw themselves into the kids. I am sad that we will be entering kindergarten and will have to change I just wish I had know about Burkett before now it would've made a big difference in our lives.

Both of my children have special needs and have attended Burkett and my younger one still does. This school works miracles. Years ago, I moved from Jefferson County Schools and because of improper placement and lack of learning, I left a good paying job to have my kids come back to Burkett. Where you see problems; they see possibilities. My son works at his IEP and living skills daily and I receive a report each day, so I can talk about his day and to reinforce what they are teaching. But it s not all work, he gets to go on fun field trips and community outings. They are teaching him how to interact with the public. It has been so hard to have children with special needs. I am so happy I found this place! They have worked with me and my kids. I am so impressed and thankful.

Last modified William E Burkett Multi-Handicapped Center is a Public school that serves grades K-12