Posted March 04, 2013
I have 3 special children that attend Burkett! This is the most wonderful group of people. They care for and love my babies. They present so much new imformation to them. They have the facility and equipment to provide the special learning these children need to continue to thrive!

Posted July 17, 2011
My daughter receives speech , OT, and PT. She has been in the Burkett program for almost 2 years. She looks forward to each therapist and has developed a wonderful rapport with them. Change is just as hard for us parents, but this change has been a blessing to her and our family. We appreciate each therapist and staff person.

Posted August 08, 2010
my son is going into his 2nd year at Burkett. We have seen so much change in his social behavior and listening skills. His teacher and aides, the therapist and even the office staff are a huge support system for us as parents and they not only help our son but they give us the tools we need to help our son at home. We LOVE Burkett preschool!!!

William E Burkett Multi-Handicapped Center 0

Posted February 11, 2010
My daughter has been at Burkett School for about 2 1/2 years now. I must say that this school is truly a God send. My child is taken care of so well and treated with all the warmth and care that I would give her at home. I am so thankful for this school and I don't know what I would do without them. Thanks to the teachers and staff for doing what they do so well.

Posted April 20, 2009
My son just turned 5 and didn't have a chance to attent a full year as most kids would he does have autism and before Burkett my son was not social,had a very limited vocabulary,wasn't speaking sentences This school is a god send the teachers are all great and they really throw themselves into the kids. I am sad that we will be entering kindergarten and will have to change I just wish I had know about Burkett before now it would've made a big difference in our lives.

Posted March 22, 2007
Both of my children have special needs and have attended Burkett and my younger one still does. This school works miracles. Years ago, I moved from Jefferson County Schools and because of improper placement and lack of learning, I left a good paying job to have my kids come back to Burkett. Where you see problems; they see possibilities. My son works at his IEP and living skills daily and I receive a report each day, so I can talk about his day and to reinforce what they are teaching. But it s not all work, he gets to go on fun field trips and community outings. They are teaching him how to interact with the public. It has been so hard to have children with special needs. I am so happy I found this place! They have worked with me and my kids. I am so impressed and thankful.

Posted November 29, 2005
My 3 year old started this school a few months ago for speech therapy and started talking words from DAY 1! His teachers are absolute angels to him. This is the most caring and compasionate school I have ever seen. The teachers are perfect there and he has learned so much there. He LOVES school and is so excited to go in the morning. He even loves the school bus! I HIGHLY recommend this school and thank the staff so much for the love and attention that they have shown my son!

Posted May 19, 2005
My nephew has attended school here for more than two years. He has autism, and has came so far since enrolling in school here. Before he started, there was very little interaction with others. Now he's just a socialite. He still doesn't speak much, but just the fact that he will give and receive hugs is wonderful. I think he will get to attend for part of the year next school session, but then will have to change schools. His graduation is this week, that is how I found this web site. The people at this school are wonderful, caring people. They obviously show these children a great deal of love and care. Thanks to all of them!

Posted August 02, 2004
This will be the 3rd year my son who has autism will attend this school. I think his teacher is the best! This will be his last year at Burkett and I really hate to see him start Kindergarden! When he is at Burkett, I know I do not have to worry about him, he is in good hands! They all work so well with him & send notes home daily.

Posted July 14, 2004
I recently volunteered at Burkett and got to witness first hand the love and patience that the staff has for these kids. They are absolutely outstanding. The only drawback that I saw was the schools lack of funding. While they are doing fine as it is, they could of obviously used some help.

William E Burkett Multi-Handicapped Center
50 Long St, Birmingham, AL  35217
Last modified William E Burkett Multi-Handicapped Center is a Public school that serves grades K-12
William E Burkett Multi-Handicapped Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top