Brookwood, AL

Posted June 13, 2013
I think Brookwood Elementary is highly underrated! My daughter just completed 2nd grade there, and in the 3 years she has gone there, we have yet to be disappointed by anything. My daughter is thriving, and exceeding state levels in many areas. School is on a constant communication effort to keep parents informed, and involved. Principal is great, and knows all the kids, and parents by name.

Brookwood Elementary School 4

Posted July 17, 2011
I have two children that attend Brookwood Elementary. The school is good and has a caring staff. They have great technology, music, computer and art classes. The teachers and principal are always holding meetings to keep parents involved and aware. My children have both excelled at the state tests because of the wonderful job the staff has done. The school strives to provide the best education within the best environment for the children!! I would recommend it to anyone!!

Brookwood Elementary School 1

Posted July 15, 2011
Brookwood Elementary School is the worse school there is. My son was bullied all year and the teacher did nothing and when I went to the principal she did nothing. I would rather pay the extra money for a private school or move to the Vance district. They don't care and are there just to get their paychecks. The school is so unorganized. Very unhappy parent.

Brookwood Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2007
Brookwood Elementary is the worst school that my children have ever attended. The principle has consistently ignored my problems and concerns. I am very disappointed in every aspect of the school and can't wait until my 4th grader is able to go elsewhere.

Posted June 19, 2007
This was our first year at Brookwood Elementary and we were very happy with everything. We have 3 children who attended, one of whom is in special education. Their grades this year were pre-k special ed, 1st and 4th grades. The teachers and administrative staff were all wonderful and very helpful. They really seem to care about their students and school. Any questions we had were answered and help was always there. Brookwood Elementary is a wonderful school and I would recommend it to anyone!/

Brookwood Elementary School 3

Posted November 05, 2006
I am a parent and my child is in Special Ed,my son had an accident at the school 2 months ago and the things that that the principal said they would correct to make sure it did not happen again, still has not been corrected. It seems as some of the teachers are just there for a pay check, I do not see any parent involement, nor do they has extracurriclar activities for my child. The bus ride is anywhere from 1-2 hours on way for where we are located at, so I have chosen to take my child to school every day rather then make him ride the bus for 2-4 hours a day.

Posted August 23, 2005
I would have to say that Brookwood Elementary is an excellent school. My daughter started in K-5 and graduated from the fifth grade in May 2005. The staff is great. I am including everyone from the principal to the custodians. She has learned so much from everyone. The teachers she has had have helped her grow into a little lady. She has made excellent grades each year because she loved school and her teachers. They were offered art, music, sock hops, field trips and the coaches taught them about all sports. The field trip to Washington, D.C. was the best. We learned so much and had a great time. The teachers were wonderful with the kids. I have helped at the school one day a week since my child started K-5 and I did that until she graduated 5th grade. All parents need to volunteer one day a week. Loved it.

Posted February 28, 2005
I am a substitute at BES and also have a child that attends there. It is a great school with caring faculty and staff. They have great activities for the kids that include sock hops, field trips, talent show, beauty walks, and the reading program is fantastic. The teachers really do a great job teaching and nurturing. More parent involvment would be great, but they are on the right track for each child to be a success.

Posted January 10, 2005
I am a substitute teacher at BES and I have to say that there are really good and caring teachers at Brookwood Elementary. I was just looking at the elementary school I attended in B'ham and I am appalled at what seems to go on there. We should be very happy and ever so grateful to have such a good school for our children to learn things in. Thank you to all the teachers for being so faithful to teach these precious children. Your love for your profession is appreciated. Thank You for all you do.

Posted October 10, 2003
Awesome Teachers! Wonderful principal! Great lunches and lunch workers! Great Library! Lots of fun extra stuff to keep the kids happy, sock hops, field day, field trips, talent show, etc. Needs more parental involvement!!

Brookwood Elementary School
16049 Hwy 216, Brookwood, AL  35444
Last modified Brookwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top