Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teachers lack patience with children and instead of working to correct/communicate real time issues with parents, they expect for the child to just get better because of an assigned number at the end of their day. We chose this school district when moving to Alabama because we heard only positive things. Our child was an honor roll student at their last school and was also in gifted classes. There were never any issues with his behavior. This school treats him like he is a delinquent. He has gone from being excited for school daily to begging to move back to his other school every morning. If you are considering the purchase of a home in this area to get the best education for your child, look elsewhere.

I think Brookwood Elementary is highly underrated! My daughter just completed 2nd grade there, and in the 3 years she has gone there, we have yet to be disappointed by anything. My daughter is thriving, and exceeding state levels in many areas. School is on a constant communication effort to keep parents informed, and involved. Principal is great, and knows all the kids, and parents by name.

I have two children that attend Brookwood Elementary. The school is good and has a caring staff. They have great technology, music, computer and art classes. The teachers and principal are always holding meetings to keep parents involved and aware. My children have both excelled at the state tests because of the wonderful job the staff has done. The school strives to provide the best education within the best environment for the children!! I would recommend it to anyone!!

Brookwood Elementary School is the worse school there is. My son was bullied all year and the teacher did nothing and when I went to the principal she did nothing. I would rather pay the extra money for a private school or move to the Vance district. They don't care and are there just to get their paychecks. The school is so unorganized. Very unhappy parent.

Brookwood Elementary is the worst school that my children have ever attended. The principle has consistently ignored my problems and concerns. I am very disappointed in every aspect of the school and can't wait until my 4th grader is able to go elsewhere.

This was our first year at Brookwood Elementary and we were very happy with everything. We have 3 children who attended, one of whom is in special education. Their grades this year were pre-k special ed, 1st and 4th grades. The teachers and administrative staff were all wonderful and very helpful. They really seem to care about their students and school. Any questions we had were answered and help was always there. Brookwood Elementary is a wonderful school and I would recommend it to anyone!/

I am a parent and my child is in Special Ed,my son had an accident at the school 2 months ago and the things that that the principal said they would correct to make sure it did not happen again, still has not been corrected. It seems as some of the teachers are just there for a pay check, I do not see any parent involement, nor do they has extracurriclar activities for my child. The bus ride is anywhere from 1-2 hours on way for where we are located at, so I have chosen to take my child to school every day rather then make him ride the bus for 2-4 hours a day.

Last modified Brookwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.