Brookwood, AL

Brookwood High School 5

Posted August 01, 2013
Well let me start I have attended a lot of school throughout the country and I feel Brookwood School maintains the state regulated curriculum!! My son loves going to school there and loves the ROTC program! Most of the teachers really seem to care. And push the students to excel.

Brookwood High School 2

Posted October 12, 2011
I attended Brookwood in the late 90's. The school was built in the 1950's and it shows it. Its hard to have school spirit about the school when I'm ashamed to even look at it. Most of the teacher I had in school are still there and on the edge of retirement. Most of the teachers have a love and passion and care about the kids but from what I have heard about the administration its not the same school I went to. I rated it 2 stars because without a strong and caring administration the whole school with suffer. I am a firm believer that you should have fun in High school because the real world is hard, and the students should live it up while they can. Ratings- Building: 0 stars Teachers 4 stars Administration 1 star Sports 1 star Quality of Life 2 stars (due to the HARD Administration rules) Even though I went to school there I would not send my childern to Brookwood with the administration that is currently in place

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Brookwood High School because of the staff. They work together well and have the students in their best interest. Brookwood works with what they have and does the best possible for each and every student. Brookwood deserves some recognition.

Posted November 02, 2008
I recently graduated from Brookwood High School and I am concerned for the current students who are enrolling in a higher education program. I am currently enrolled in the UofA, and I have discovered that the classes at Brookwood have helped me very little. Since I live on campus, I am able to interact with others from different states.Compared to others, the 'advanced' students at Brookwood are deemed average in real life. I placed 2nd highest in my class regarding my ACT score, and the counselors failed to help me ANY when applying for scholarships. Some teachers at the school disagree with the administration, which is also a flaw with the educational background. Administration and educators should work together in order to make the learning environment safe and reliable. Overall, I warn you, the parent, Brookwood High School is not the place you need to send your child for an education.

Brookwood High School 5

Posted October 10, 2008
I enjoyed my experiences at Brookwood High School and am proud to say i graduated from there just a short time ago. The school is rich in spirit and the teachers are supportive and helpful for the most part. I can say first had that the school is suffering from a lack of proper funding in many areas.

Posted March 01, 2008
two of my kids have attended BHS they love it and I do too. the one who has already graduated is furthering her education in nursing.the other is in tenth grade.

Posted October 04, 2006
Both my kids went to Brookwood Schools before attending schools in MD. I have to say now that we are back home I can really see how lousy this school is. My daughter is in the middle school and it has to be the worse educational experience of my life. Excuse me, what happened to the 'no child left behind law'? They absolutely do not communicate with the parents at these schools. If you try to communicate with them, it takes an act of congress to get a response. My 6th grade daughter was doing great last year in MD. (a state that is way ahead of us academically) but has dropped her grades dramatically here, and it seems no one really cares enough to address this issue with me. She would never have had less than a C average in MD. w/o the school asking for a meeting.

Brookwood High School 3

Posted September 27, 2006
the teachers mean well. Some may have unique methods to teach, but it doesn't mean that its the wrong way. These teachers inspire the confidence of the students and promote learning with less of the tense reactions you see in reluctant pupils. The parents don't get involved but that's not strictly the school's fault. Our sports program isn't spectacular, but we have more esprit de corps (school spirit) than you will find any where.-H.M.Galarneau

Brookwood High School 4

Posted January 26, 2006
I feel the quality of the academic programs is excellent. My child, along with 85% of her senior class attended a post-secondary institution. She was very successful in college and now is in graduate school, and I feel that Brookwood High helped prepare her for that success. Advanced classes were available to those who wanted to take advantage of them. There were many extracurricular activities available and sport programs were available to both male and female students. Parental involvement could be better, but I think that is true for most High Schools. I am satisfied with the education that my daugher received at this school.

Posted January 05, 2006
well this was my first year at brookwood high. i came from the middle school witch was a blast. but the high school is sooo different. the school is way over populated. there might be 3 or 4 teachers tht actually teach. the school is so old...well lets just put it ths way my grand ma thts 79 years old graduated and it was old when she went there. the sports program is horrible. r football team hasnt won a game in 3 years or so.... the lunch room is way to small. its so horible. i usually love goin to school. but ths school is so dumb.. its way unorganized half the time students dont no wats goin on.

15981 Hwy 216, Brookwood, AL  35444
Last modified Brookwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookwood High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top