Brookwood, AL

Posted August 01, 2013
Well let me start I have attended a lot of school throughout the country and I feel Brookwood School maintains the state regulated curriculum!! My son loves going to school there and loves the ROTC program! Most of the teachers really seem to care. And push the students to excel.

Brookwood High School 2

Posted October 12, 2011
I attended Brookwood in the late 90's. The school was built in the 1950's and it shows it. Its hard to have school spirit about the school when I'm ashamed to even look at it. Most of the teacher I had in school are still there and on the edge of retirement. Most of the teachers have a love and passion and care about the kids but from what I have heard about the administration its not the same school I went to. I rated it 2 stars because without a strong and caring administration the whole school with suffer. I am a firm believer that you should have fun in High school because the real world is hard, and the students should live it up while they can. Ratings- Building: 0 stars Teachers 4 stars Administration 1 star Sports 1 star Quality of Life 2 stars (due to the HARD Administration rules) Even though I went to school there I would not send my childern to Brookwood with the administration that is currently in place

Brookwood High School 4

Posted February 20, 2010

Brookwood High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
I love Brookwood High School because of the staff. They work together well and have the students in their best interest. Brookwood works with what they have and does the best possible for each and every student. Brookwood deserves some recognition.

Brookwood High School 1

Posted November 02, 2008
I recently graduated from Brookwood High School and I am concerned for the current students who are enrolling in a higher education program. I am currently enrolled in the UofA, and I have discovered that the classes at Brookwood have helped me very little. Since I live on campus, I am able to interact with others from different states.Compared to others, the 'advanced' students at Brookwood are deemed average in real life. I placed 2nd highest in my class regarding my ACT score, and the counselors failed to help me ANY when applying for scholarships. Some teachers at the school disagree with the administration, which is also a flaw with the educational background. Administration and educators should work together in order to make the learning environment safe and reliable. Overall, I warn you, the parent, Brookwood High School is not the place you need to send your child for an education.

Posted October 10, 2008
I enjoyed my experiences at Brookwood High School and am proud to say i graduated from there just a short time ago. The school is rich in spirit and the teachers are supportive and helpful for the most part. I can say first had that the school is suffering from a lack of proper funding in many areas.

Posted March 02, 2008

Brookwood High School 0

Posted March 01, 2008
two of my kids have attended BHS they love it and I do too. the one who has already graduated is furthering her education in nursing.the other is in tenth grade.

Brookwood High School 2

Posted December 03, 2007

Brookwood High School 4

Posted November 02, 2007

Brookwood High School
15981 Hwy 216, Brookwood, AL  35444
Last modified Brookwood High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Brookwood High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top