Calera, AL

Posted August 26, 2014
I am very happy to tell others my daughter attends Calera Elementary. True it is a small school but that has not been a negative thing AT ALL. In the two years my child has attended she has received more than a satisfactory education. It's obvious the teachers she's had ensured the students are being taught in a way they truly receive the information given. The staff is quite friendly and I always receive immediate feedback on any concerns. The school also strives to provide students with resources to better their understanding. This is a GREAT school.

Posted May 05, 2014
Don't let your child go to this school unless you like that small town feel and small town education. This is definitely a second class education. A lot of gossiping going on here. Football coaches flirt to much with other parents. Staff and teachers are rude and uncaring. The school is old, not updated and unclean.

Posted October 25, 2013
First year to have a grandchild in the Alabama Schools. Calera Elementary is just awesome. From the front office,Cafeteria and teachers I thought I had been visiting this school for years. The staff was so welcoming and friendly to me and two other grandchildren that came to eat lunch with my grandson. I rate this school on a scale of 1-10 a number 15. Thanks to the Calera Elementary school staff for making me and my grandson feel like family.

Posted June 05, 2012
My daughter just finished her second year at Calera Elementary and we have been very pleased with the school and especially her teachers Ms. Montgomery and Ms. Richie. The school tries very hard to place each student with the right teacher based on learning styles and needs. Yes it is a title 1 school but that did not have any effect on her education. I have never had any problems with the Principal or the staff either. The only suggestion I might make is to improve the car pool lines in the morning. But overall I am pleased with the education she has received at Calera.

Posted December 13, 2011
Calera Elementary does not have an administrative team that is ethical, honest, or supportive. I have seen too much underhanded manipulation go on without anyone standing up to do what is right and what is best for the education of our children. I have lost my faith in this school...

Calera Elementary School 4

Posted July 21, 2010
I have heard lots of ugly things about this school and it's administration. I was VERY pleased with my child's Kindergarten teacher this year. He loved going to school everyday and learned so much. He is way above average in reading and math thanks to his teacher's dedication. All the teachers that I came in contact with love what they do. The school building itself needs lots of updates, but the teachers are wonderful!

Posted November 03, 2009

Calera Elementary School 0

Posted August 27, 2009
Calera Elementary is now serving K-3 with grades 4-6 in Calera Middle School. I have to agree with the comments about the principal. She is not at all friendly, very detatched and it seems as though the school is not her main priority. However, the teachers I have encountered have all been wonderful in my opinion. My child enjoys going to school there and has learned by leaps and bounds. This is all because of the teachers, despite their leadership. Also, there is no playground for recess. I have learned as a CES parent that there is really no recess. The kids here only get 10 minutes a week for freeplay, I guess there is no need for play equipment. I have minor complaints such as this about the school and its very impersonal 'form letters' from the principal.

Calera Elementary School 2

Posted April 29, 2009
I agree with the comment about the principal. She is not friendly at all, neither is the vice-principal. I think it is very important for the principal and vice-principal to have good, fun loving attitudes, especially in elementary.

Posted November 12, 2008
I was very nervous about sending my daughter here after seeing the reviews and ratings on this website and also after seeing the location of the school. We had already decided to send her to private school but instead decided to give Calera a try knowing that we could pull her if needed. It is now November and my daughter is already reading small words, doing basic math problems, counting to 100, knows her entire alphabet (which I must say, she only knew 1/4 of the letters when she started) plus her vocabulary skills have grown by leaps and bounds. Her teacher is Mrs. LaCroix and I definately credit her! We have not had any issues thus far and after attending a field trip with her class last week, I have no doubt that we made the best decision for our daughter's education.

Calera Elementary School
855 10th St, Calera, AL  35040
Last modified Calera Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Calera Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top