Camden, AL

Wilcox Academy 1

Posted January 24, 2012
I dislike WA because there are not enough opportunities. There is not enough hands on activities or expirements. Those are important in a school. All we do are take notes and I vocabulary, which are both important but we don't do any hands on activities. Also, WA could really improve their lunches, because I've found hair in my lunches a few times and I don't think that their lunches taste good. And their hallways are to small and cramped and kids get pushed into the hall. WA needs a lot of improvements.

Posted March 30, 2010
Not a college prep. school. It is ok if you want to go to a small college, jr. college, or trade school, but not to a large 4 yrs. college like Auburn. Has a weak math & science program.

Posted March 06, 2010
I think WA is a wonderful school! All the children ma hate school but thy love WA! As do i. WA....you could lower your tuition a alot though... The tuition should pay for activities,supplies,books,and lunch/break. It is such a lovely school though. But if a teacheror somone with h school reads this..think about the tuition..some people hae a hard time keeping all of it payed.

Wilcox Academy 5

Posted December 14, 2009
I think wa is a wonderful,christan,and loving school.even tho it is small it does give you a good educationg.Altho we lost our priciple that served 23yrs this year I know God will still keep the school strong:)

Wilcox Academy 4

Posted September 18, 2009
I think Wilcox Academy is a good school. Although our size is small, yes, I wish we had a few more choices with activities/athletics.

Posted July 16, 2009
It bothers me that several of the teachers are not qualified to teach.

Posted April 19, 2009
wondeful, family environment with teachers and a principal who gives his all.

Wilcox Academy 5

Posted January 11, 2009
congratulations on winning AISA Blue Ribbon School 7 years straight-keep it up, thank you faculty and staff for all your hard work

Wilcox Academy 2

Posted June 05, 2008
Parents expecting WA to live up to its potential doesn't mean we don't love & support WA. In fact, we show more love/support by caring enough to ackowledge WA is moving in the wrong direction with each passing school year with decreased student enrollment, teacher/student moral, participation/eligability in sports/cheerleading, & an increase in student drop-out, drug use, & need for summer school. In the area we live, parents don't have a choice but to send their children to WA; therefore, we all need to work towards living up to SACS/Blue Ribbon status by implementing effective leadership, exemplifing excellence in teaching, improving student performance, increasing course offerings, encouraging more community interaction. School improvement in an ongoing process. Yes, WA is a value - lowest tuition & lowest teacher pay - it shows!

Wilcox Academy 4

Posted January 09, 2008
Parents send their children to WA by choice. WA has excelled in many forums and we will not do so well in others simply because of our size. There are many things to love about WA.

Po Box 1149, Camden, AL  36726