Cecil, AL

Posted January 27, 2012
MEA is a wonderful school. The school has a family atmosphere that I love. Although this our family's first year at MEA, I am very impressed with the teachers, the administration, the students and Macon East's families. It's just the kind of school I always hoped my children would attend. The classes are small, the teachers are caring dedicated, and the school day includes a strong character education program.

Macon East Academy 2

Posted September 13, 2010
We attended MEMA for the past three years, our daughter graduated after attending the last two years of high school. Our son attended 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. The only quality teacher we encountered was Mrs. Johnson. The school had a lot of changes in staff over the three years we were there. Last year for 5th grade we had an absolute miserable year. The teacher was impossible. When we went to the school authorities, no one helped us. We were not the only family that had the very same issue last year. Three of the six boys in the 5th grade class left for 6th grade.

Macon East Academy 0

Posted November 04, 2009
We are so happy at Macon! Our daughter is a high school student and she loves it! She transfered from another private school but feels more at home here. For the most part, the students are 'regular' kids with 'regular' parents. The teachers and staff are caring, many of whom go that extra mile. The only drawback is the rigid course of study with few elective course but this seems to be changing. Our daughter is currently enrolled in art and loves it! She is fond of her teacher and I am impressed with her as well. We've discovered a talent we never knew our daughter had. Another plus are the clubs. Every student is involved in a club and it is truly a motivator. I wish we'd transferred sooner!

Posted October 09, 2007

Posted February 21, 2007
My niece attends second grade at this school & loves it. Her mom is the cheerleading coach (she wanted to be involved in the school & they welcomed her to take this position), she also loves the parental involvement & feeling welcomed to help or volunteer any time. The school is small & the kids have a good attitude. They do not put up with bad behavior or any excluding of other kids as they are a Christian school & teach those values. They are big in sports, especially Basketball as they won State for their division this year (07). My entire family loves this school & we plan to send or two yr old to Kindergarten there.

Macon East Academy