Chelsea, AL
Students enrolled: 1,013

Posted April 04, 2014
the test scores look good, but the school isnt so good. the teahcers are rude and dont communicate and barely can really help you. they just go with the flow of what the governemnt says. theres better educ. out there. the students are disrespectful to everyone including teachers. and the hallways are full of transgression. its terrible. plus, the discipline has gone down hill so that may be why its gotten bad.the lack of courses makes it hard to be challenged and to go after more because i dont feel challenged at all. the sports is all about football and maybe guys basketball so sorry girls and baseball and soccer. its so clickish and ten times worse than the normal cuz ive been to two schools in the last 4 years and chelsea has been the worst. ive never been so ready to move again.

Posted July 30, 2013
Some teachers are nice and seem to care but the rest have no respect for the students and make the time at school miserable. Zero stars if possible and I don't think parents should comment on these school because they don't go to school there and they only see the fake smiles. They don't really know anything about this school.

Chelsea High School 5

Posted April 04, 2013
My kids attended Chelsea Elementary, Mt. Laurel Elementary, Chelsea Intermediate, Chelsea Middle and are currently in Chelsea High School. These are all great schools. I am so proud of our schools in the Chelsea area and the dedication of the teachers. I did not dedicate time, but did donate money because I knew how it would be spent! Chelsea High students are eligible for the School of Technology and offers the only Cisco Networking program in the entire State of Alabama. Thank you for educating our kids with the low tax base we pay in Chelsea, AL!

Chelsea High School 5

Posted November 30, 2012
Chelsea high school is very good and has improved drastically in the past two years. It others courses that students can excel in and has teachers that are fun, cool, good, and teach. Chelsea offers a brilliant band program with some all state musicians, state wide recognized artists, brilliant theatre program, and the football team does fairly well for now being in the region with Spain park and oak mountain. Expect highly of this school. Lots of new teachers, and good principal

Chelsea High School 0

Posted July 22, 2009
I raised 5 children and they all have gone to Chelsea. One is a Junior this year. They have challenged each child to be their best. The teachers are awsome, There were times when my girls thought differently but when they were in college and realized they where ther because someone cared enough to help make sure they were ready.

Chelsea High School 0

Posted January 31, 2009
chelsea is a small town school, thats exactly what defines it. most of the students have grown up together. our biggest rival is shelby county high school. it's an average school, but I always feel safe, and I always feel welcome and comfortable. we're in the middle of the bible belt of course, so a good majority of the student body is christian. many of the students take ap or honors classes and a lot of the teachers are very good. overall if you want your kid to have develop academically and socially, chelsea is a good, welcoming, small town school. but, if you want them to to be actively involved in a very good athletic program, chelsea may not be right for them. I personally love chelsea, and have basically grown up here. people are always welcoming towards others. but its up to you to choose.

Chelsea High School 4

Posted September 11, 2008
Good School. Needs more classrooms and funds for grounds up-keep! Teachers are good and very easy to talk too. Too many changes with the Admin. Seems about every 2-3 years a new person at the door.

Posted June 09, 2008
I have been going to this school for two years, and I will soon be a Junior. I absolutely hate this school. Half the time, it's the kids teaching the class; not the teachers. They don't have any idea what they're talking about. As far as sports go, woohoo. Go hornets. We aren't known nationally or state-wide for any sports. Our cheerleading squad complains about how their new coach is so mean, and says the rudest things to some of them. I will probably be moving to Oak Mountain, or Hoover or something for my senior year, or if I get lucky, somewhat into my Junior year. If you want your children to excell in sports, or academics, do them a favor and send them to a school with a more higher-quaility educational environment.

Posted December 14, 2007

Posted November 26, 2007

Chelsea High School
10510 Hwy 11, Chelsea, AL  35043
Last modified Chelsea High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chelsea High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top