Clay, AL

Posted March 01, 2014
I love how friendly the teachers and staff are. I went to clay my whole life and to see my children also go there was a tremendous blessing. Clay is NOT one of those entitlement schools. You will NOT get special treatment for any reason. Being a part of the school was a blast as a room mother and a PTA. It's great to see teachers that have a heart for teaching. Mrs. Rosemary at the front desk is a peach! Treat her nice, she can help get you info when your in a pinch. We will definitely miss Clay when we move over the summer.

Posted July 28, 2011
My son attended Clay Elementary from Kindergarten through Fifth Grade. He "graduated" last year and will be attending CCMS. We had a great experience with most all of the teachers, the office staff, and the other parents and children. All but one year, I felt that the teachers truly care for my child and that he was given the best education possible. We will certainly miss CES this upcoming school year!

Posted December 16, 2010
This my son's first year at Clay Elementary. He is in the second grade in Mrs. Heather Youngkins. SHE IS AWESOME!!!! I will admit I was a little nervous coming to the school since my son was in a smaller private school setting his first few years of school however, she has lived up to ALL of the accolades that parents, teachers and administrators have given her and he is having a WONDERFUL time!!! GO Mrs. Youngkins Yaks!!

Posted August 16, 2010
I have a child that is on his second year at this school and he loves it! We had some minor issues with a teacher but come to find out everyone was having that problem so it wasn't the children but more so the teacher. We are only a week into school, but he absolutely loves 1st grade! It also has the small town feel that so many people are looking for these days.

Posted March 13, 2010
I have a daughter that has went to Clay for 4 years and I have been room mother every year and this is a great school---academically and environmentally...

Clay Elementary School 3

Posted September 19, 2009

Posted February 16, 2009
I really Love Clay Elementary. It has been a very positive influence over my son and has facilitated his learning process tremendously! There is a CLEAR Night and Day Difference between Clay Elementary and Chalkville Elementary.

Posted February 08, 2009
My child has been at Clay for 2 and a half years and he has loved it. He is constantly learning new things. I have been very pleased with the teachers. I have been disappointed with the amount of parent involvement. I have repeatedly tried to go to the school and get involved. I get the impression the principle does not encourage or invite parent involvement. Overall I love the school.

Posted December 02, 2008
I have 2 children at Clay Elem. I love the school. The teachers show so much love & care towards all of the students. I have to say, though, the principal is horrible. She says that she cares about the kids, but shows no support in their activities unless it is something that is her idea or will make her look good. She is not supportive in any way towards the recreational aspect of the school. She also has a very poor attitude towards the parents unless the parent is willing to brown nose her. She has a serious struggle with power & is very rude. As far as the other administration, she needs to consider herself blessed. i absolutely love the vprin. She is wonerful, & my kids adore her!!!!

Posted November 19, 2008
I agree with the post about the principal. She runs the school very well, but as a parent you are clear on who is in charge. A more service oriented attitude towards parents would go a long way. The other area I recommend for improvement would be more cooperation with Clay Recreation. Clay Elementary receives scores/rankings based on offering activities like softball, football, cheerleading, basketball, and wrestling; however, the school does not offer these, Clay Rec. does and there is little the school does to support these activities. I think the principle is definitely putting what is most important first, our kids, but to be a really great school the above changes should be made.

Clay Elementary School
6745 Old Springville Rd, Clay, AL  35048
Last modified Clay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top