Bad
Good

Posted August 15, 2011
My son now16 went here from k-5 and was and is a great student having been under the teachers at Westwood. I now have 1 and 2 graders and thanks to the teachers in k and 1,2 they are doing very well. All the people at the school are very willing to help in any subject that comes up ,they are GREAT!!!

Posted July 25, 2011
Westwood is a wonderful school, so great that I am house hunting & refuse to look unless it's in this school zone. The staff is friendly & well educated. Our principal does fun challenges to inspire the children to do their best. We have art & music teachers that our PTO pays for. I have a step child who is in another elementary school & the differences are drastic. The safety @ Westwood is incredible & each child is treated the same. The teachers really KNOW these children. The other school that I have experience with, anyone can walk away with your child & they wouldn't even know. There are so many students there, that each child is a face in the crowd. Westwood is a very caring, secure school with excellent education opportunities.

Posted May 07, 2009
Westwood is a great school!! My mom teaches here, and I graduated a few years ago. It was a great school to attend, and my mom loves teaching there. Wonderful!!!

Posted May 11, 2005
We love it! That just about says it all. Westwood staff has gone above and beyond to make our little girl comfortable. My child has several medical problems, and the staff has done everything that has been asked of them to make her feel safe and secure. If any problems arise we go and talk to Mrs. Benson, and the problems or concerns get solved. I am one of those people that if I am concerned with something. I will voice my opinion! For the parent that left the bad review in January, maybe you should confront the problems with someone and see if you can get them resolved. My child has reached all of the goals that have been set for her with great thanks to the hard work of her teachers. Westwood offers many great programs for the children. We look forward to another year.

Westwood Elementary School 3

Posted January 03, 2005
Westwood Elementary is a good school. I have a few complaints. Lets start with the glass window that one has to speak through in order to take care of business in the office. Then there is the completely rude secretary that one has to be nice to in order to accomplish the goal. The curriculum includes very little(if any)of the following: art, music, history,computer literacy, foreign language, culture, bathroom breaks, or free play. No recess at all. Technology as a whole seems extremely sparce. The principal comes across as indifferent, unconcerned, and aloof. The qualified teachers,custodians, and parents are warm and friendly. If I could afford to, then I would put my child in another school. I would definitely not reccommend this school to anyone.

Posted August 26, 2003
We LOVE Westwood! It is one of the best, if not the best elementary schools around. The entire staff truly cares for each child there. Wanting only the best for each one.

Westwood Elementary School
11629 Westwood School Rd, Coker, AL  35452
Last modified Westwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.