School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

New graduation results from the state show that Paul W. Bryant High School has a 91% graduation rate. That is the highest rate in the city. Every sub group of students improved.
January 25, 2016

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted January 25, 2016
- a school leader

Posted August 26, 2015
This school is really turning around. 97% of the 2015 class at PWBHS not only graduated, but they also had a full, official commitment to a college, internship, job, or military. Bryant's students have bright futures. Dr. Harper, the administration, the faculty, and staff are doing an awesome job!

Posted May 26, 2013
paul w. Bryant high school has a high attitude of helping students graduate. I know the school is trying hard to help all students graduate.

Posted November 04, 2009
Good school & well-balanced. Strapped by a not so effective school board. Has great teachers, but block system and athletics during school day need to go.

Posted October 01, 2009
you should come there is a very nice faculty and people i am am proud to be a student

Posted May 21, 2009
I think Paul W. Bryant High School is the best school in the city or county for that matter. My child has attended city schools since K and we have had nothing but great teachers, great staff, excellent education. PBHS, offers excellent sports programs, besides academic structure of exellence I can't say enough good things about the school, the principal, the faculty, and the community. I would also like to say...any school or school faculty, needs parental participation and backing. When they don't get it ...everyones lives difficult. Most of the time when you find bad reviews......dig a little deeper...you'll probably find no parental cooperation, in the situation at all. My experience has been..teachers and faculty don't thrive on mistreating our children. They are gifted people trying to do something most of us concider a job......instructing our children!! Iv'e found the best at PBHS! PBHS parent

Posted February 19, 2009
I am proud to say that I am a graduate of Bryant High School. I can honestly say that I know that the teachers sincerely care about the wellbeing of all students who come through their door. Not only this, but the teachers and administration are also very well educated. The administration is not the only wonderful thing about Bryant, the students are more welcoming than anywhere else I've ever been. I transferred in the middle of the semester as a sophomore, not knowing anyone. By the time I was a senior, I felt as though I had made hundreds of new friends. Bryant doesn't have cliques, just one big group of friends. The school is very diverse, and because of this I feel as though I became very cultured. I would recommend that any parent send their child here, anyone and everyone is welcome. Go Stamps!

Posted December 03, 2008
My daughter has special needs (Tourettes Syndrome) and I have found the principal, teachers and counselors nothing but absolutely wonderful to deal with. Our situation has been difficult and requires alot of parental involvement. The school has always tried to make my daughters learning enviroment a positive one she felt comfortable in- even when it was not always an easy thing to do. I have friends in situations similar to ours and they have had very negative dealings with their schools. I consider us lucky. Paul Bryant isn't a perfect school- but they have given us the support we need and have gone above & beyond when it really counted. We apreciate what the school has done for our family.

Paul W Bryant High School 1

Posted September 06, 2008
Do not send your child to this school. Certain administrators do not do their jobs and parental involvement is extremely low. The teachers are well educated and effective for the most part, but the administration quickly runs them out.

Posted May 16, 2006
Bryant is an overall GREAT school and I enjoy attending it. Thanks to all the teachers, excluding a few, but overall Bryant is great. GO STAMPEDE!

6315 Mary Harmon Bryant Dr, Cottondale, AL  35453
Last modified Paul W Bryant High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.