Bad
Good

Posted October 01, 2011
I love CVES! We've only been to Coosa for a year and a half and I will disagree with those that think this school has problems and clicks. All of the teachers and staff including the janitors love the children and the children love coming to CVES! If you are concerned about the negative reviews just come into the school and voice your concerns and you will be heard I can guarantee it. All of the office staff, teachers, media specialist, cafeteria staff and cleaning crew know your child by name and make them feel like they are one big family. The teachers work really hard and are there for the children even if you child is having difficulty with a certain subject. Here is the thing, the parents need to be as involved in their childrens education as the teachers at CVES are. I know work schedules may make it difficult to come to the school and volunteer but I promise you this, if you do this for yourself and your child your negative outlook will become a positive one. I have two children at CVES and they want to go on Saturday and Sunday which they didn't want to do at their other schools.

Posted August 02, 2011
I am so impressed with CVES. This school has felt like a second home for my shy children. When we decided to purchase another home last Fall, leaving this school district was not an option. I was amazed as the year progressed at how much my child learned. Every employee knows my children by name and has been more than attentive to their needs. A big thanks to the teachers and staff for helping make my children look forward to going to school every day!

Coosa Valley Elementary School

Posted June 30, 2009
We choose to purchase a home in this school district based on online reviews and realtor input Yes, the academics are probably better than other elementary schools in the area. However, parental support can make up for a lack in that area. This school is cesspool of clicks among some teachers (not all), PTO parents and even the principal. No amount of parental support can influence a system so rife with favoritism from the school board to the classroom. Carefully consider all of your options before committing to sending your children Coosa Valley.

Coosa Valley Elementary School 4

Posted September 11, 2006
We are very happy with this school. Students get the attention they need- faculty and staff are great.

Posted May 08, 2006
school is great, Teachers are great, The new principle however needs to be re-evaluated.

Posted March 08, 2005
Coosa Valley E.S. has had a strong academic background for a number of years. The education given to students at C.V.E.S. is the best in the school system. I have watched this school as a student, and now as a parent.

Coosa Valley Elementary School 3

Posted April 23, 2004
My child has been in this school for 4 years and it has been an overall wonderful experience. We have loved all of his teachers except one. We are also finding that this same teacher really cares when we thought she didn't. Although we have had a rocky start this year we are looking foward to a good end. Thanks to all the techers we have had and will have. You are so appriciated.(even when we're wrong)

Coosa Valley Elementary School 3

Posted March 11, 2004
We have been in this school for 4-5 years and have had some good experiences. Most of the teachers are hard working and get the kids involved. Several are not and those are who we ended up with. The more I attempted to get involved the more I was pushed away.

Posted November 12, 2003
CVES is a great school with teachers who are eager to teach and learn. The PTO is active in giving the school a look that makes the children want to come to school in the mornings. As is common in Alabama fundraisers are a necessary evil but instruction is always the first priority at this school.

Coosa Valley Elementary School 4

Posted September 09, 2003
We have attended Coosa Valley for a total of 7 years now. We have really enjoyed being at this school. The teachers are very involved in their children. The principal is also very involved and has my childrens best interest at heart.

Coosa Valley Elementary School
3609 Martin St South, Cropwell, AL  35054
Last modified Coosa Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.