Bad
Good

This school is the WORSE school I have ever experienced in my entire life. Not only do they accommodate and brown nose military parents as well as upper class parents, but those parents of lower class and less money are rejected, reticuled, bullied, and mistreated. They have attacked my kids like a pack of wolves manipulating them into falsifying information. They have even used manipulation to force my husband and I to put one of our children on medication. This school is a nightmare. Nothing said will change my mind and I pray to God that some others come forward knowing they are OK. That they have freedom of speech. Do not let Windham's scare tactics, nor their bullying to scare you from protecting you and your children. God Bless.

We are a military fmily, and have been at theis school with 2 children for 7 years. It is wonderful! I have a son w ADHD, an IEP and 504, and they were always willing to work w him, make sure all his work is done, and he understood everything that was presented. He has since moved to the HS, and is doing well there as well. My daughter, is exact opposite. "A" honor roll, and is at a 5th-6th grade reading & math level. The teachers, and staff encourage and challenge her. Everyone is very friendly, and helpful. Small town helps with knowledge of staff & faculty. They treat you like family, and want your child to succeed. Any need I have ever needed was met, w teacher meetings, grades, projects, and student to student interaction, w bullying or girlie drama issues. The principal, & VP are very interested in parent involvement, and with any issues or good issues your child may be expiriencing at home or in the community. Parent involvement is encouraged, and the PTO is well run and well recieved w volunteers. They are also great w transitional children moving to the school, either military or others.

This School is not a BAD school but not it's not a GREAT school either...My daughter is in the second grade this year. And so far, her first grade year seems to have been the best experienced. ONLY because the teacher was an AMAZING teacher. It seems to me that the teachers here are a little "disorganized" and have little patience. However, academically I do think they are good!

This school is TERRIBLE! The principal is well known in a negative way to many parents. In fact, some of my friends have even moved to Enterprise to get away from this principal and school. Prior to relocating here, we were told by a friend who had lived down here " Stay away from Daleville" We didnt listen, but now we understand why. My daughter will bring work home with check marks on it but 40-60% of the work will be incorrect when I review it. I finally had a sit down meeting with all of her teachers and the one who checks it says "Yes, we don't review it, we just check to ensure it was completed." It doesn't, apparently, matter if the children are learning anything,but just that they have attempted to fill in the blanks. Another time, the very next day, after I told the school I wanted my daughter to ride the bus on to Fort Rucker (I was told by the Child and Youth Services on base to ensure they understood because they would mess it up) they lost my daughter and sent her to the wrong place and I had to call around and search for her. Luckily she was safe. Alabama Public Schools are not great to begin with and A.M. Windham is at the bottom of the list of bad ones.

Horrible experience my family had with this school. There was so much bullying and what seemed to be very little the staff would do to prevent it. The office staff seem overwhelmed, the school counselor dismissed my concerns and failed to call me when a serious incident occurred, and the principle will defend vs. making much needed change. Paying for lunches/snacks etc. was a chore to say the least, and I look forward to relocating asap. Submitted by a parent

Has been a great school in the past but there seems to be more problems lateley. The children are more of a statistic than someone to care for while teaching them the basics of education. Parents are expected to do more with the child at home than the teachers do.

Excellent school. 1 child in Kindergarten is reading basic words and my other 1 child in 2nd grade is doing fantastic. Reading, Math and responsibility are taught and very well. Mr Mitten, the principle, is doing a great job, the teachers are caring and I couldn't ask for anything more. Security at the school is a major concern, so parents, don't expect to freely roam the halls. Keep up the great work

Last modified A M Windham Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.