Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Posted July 26, 2015
Having 2 kids go there I'm up there quiet a bit. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

Danville-Neel Elementary School 4

Posted October 05, 2013
DNES is a great school and has awesome teachers. The principal on the other hand is very rude, never once has she introduced herself to me. She has made alot of changes at the school, some are good but most are not. ISS for elementary students is ridiculous! If they child is late it should be the parents getting in trouble NOT the child! Changing the schools times for drop off and pick up, is not helping anything. While I was dropping my son off the principal yelled at me because I didn't pull up far enough in the car line. She has threatened other parents( in front of students and parents). If she is doing this in front if people what is she doing when no one is around. She talks badly about kids, parents, and other teachers to the office staff or her personal phone calls while kids/ parents are in office. Forces kids to clean with janitors as punishment for tattling... I grew up at DNES and have always loved it and now my children go there. But the new principal is ruining that school. And there are alot of other parents that would agree. Something needs to be done ASAP!!!!

Danville-Neel Elementary School 4

Posted October 03, 2013
The teachers at this school are really great with the children. They strive for every child to succeed. I can not really say the same for the principal. I feel like she is there for a paycheck and not the kids. As a parent, you would like to be able to talk with the principal and work though issues. You are not able to with her. It is her way or no way. If you are in her "group", you have it made. In order to be in that group, you have to brown nose. I assume there is favoritism everywhere, but usually it is not as obvious is all I am saying. So, I would say my child strives at this school! She loves it.

Danville-Neel Elementary School 2

Posted October 03, 2013
DNES has some awesome teachers...I wish you coulld say the same for the administrator. She's rude and "clicky" with certain patents/kids and as long as your in her click your find..but if you ever have issues with anything at school..forget it. She doesn't resolve them but makes it worse..it's a her way or the highway school now. DNES use to be one of the most pleasant schools to walk into..it was parent friendly..but not any more. I miss the days of Mr Lang and Mr Jones.

Posted August 17, 2011
Danville Neel is an awesome school! Both of my children go there. The principle is truly an amazing person...Extremely kind, helpful, and supportive. Teachers are top notch.

Danville-Neel Elementary School 3

Posted March 21, 2011
The office staff are very rude to children and some parents. I have witnessed on more than one instance. The principal is great! Every morning he is there to greet the kids and takes time to speak to everyone. The teachers for the most part are great.

Posted March 24, 2009
Danville Neel Elementary is the best kept secret in North Alabama. I've never met a better Principle than Mr. Lang, he is authoritative as well as supportive. Even the ladies in the cafeteria are A++. If we could get this kind of leadership and teaching talent at the Middle & HS level we would truly be the best school system.

Posted July 05, 2006
Danville Neel Elementary has a new principle Mr. Lang. He is a wonderful person as well as a princple. He is outside of the school every morning and afternoon. He is a true leader for our children to follow and learn from. Our staff of teachers our amazing. They our GREAT with our children.

Posted February 27, 2005
My child is so challenged each day when he enters the doorway of Danville-Neel Elementary School. This year has been quite different with the new principal. I never knew how much Mr. Jones (Former Principal) meant to all of us. He made everyone feel so special and important. I am so thankful my two children had the influence of Mr. Jones and his ability to make them realize their potential. Danville-Neel Elementary School has a tremendous group of teachers. Thanks for truly loving the children.

Posted December 09, 2004
Danville neel is a pretty good school. My daughter attends there and this is her second year at danville, she likes it very well.

Danville-Neel Elementary School
8688 Danville Rd, Danville, AL  35619
Last modified Danville-Neel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.