Danville, AL

Posted February 21, 2014
I have seen the school population go down because of consolidation. 7-12 graders have to go to another high school12- 15 miles away so many families who like the K-12 school model have chosen to go to Danville in order to keep their children all in one school. According to your testing statistics, all grades except 2 have improved their ARMT scores. The principal shows outstanding leadership and creativity in all she does. She writes grants for her teachers and looks for ways to improve her school. There are a few older teachers who lack the drive and will to change to include the literacy standards in their classes or change they way they teach. Many teachers are working very hard to improve student scores and make changes in their teaching methods that will improve student thinking skills.

Speake High School 5

Posted November 02, 2012
this is the best school my kids have ever been in. We had to move to the other side of the country and I literally cried when I tool my kids out. The principal is great, the teachers are amazing and caring. If we could have stayed in Bama I would have stayed just for my kids.

Posted July 07, 2009
We are a 3 generation family that has attended Speake. The close net family can not be replaced. The teachers know the children s needs and work to meet them. No child is left behind in the speak school family.

Speake High School

Posted January 16, 2009
this is the awesomest school ever... weve had alot of stuff going on but its great here.. and nobody can tell me diffrent becouse ive been going to the school all my life..

Posted March 07, 2008
I can only address the elementary part of the school because that is the part my child attends. I could'nt ask for better teachers. They truely care about the children succeeding. They are doing a fantastic job with ARI (reading program) and have been praised by the state person for their progress in reading. With out a solid foundation in reading, being successful in life is very difficult. Keep up the good work!

Speake High School 5

Posted October 13, 2007
speake is an awesome school the sports teachers and students are all great! I couldn't imagine going anywhere else!!!!

Speake High School
7323 Al Hwy 36, Danville, AL  35619
Last modified Speake High School is a Public school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Speake High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top