Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted December 07, 2015
There is normally 2-4. Pages of homework a night. Which is very little compared to some

W J Carroll Intermediate School 5

Posted December 07, 2015
I love walking into WJ Carroll every morning at 7:30 am all the teachers are nice and so is the staff

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 07, 2015
Ms. Morris because she helped me understand some things I did not understand before. She's also really nice and a great teacher.

W J Carroll Intermediate School 5

Posted July 12, 2012
I have to say that our experience with this school has been extremely positive. Being a military family, we move every 2 to 3 years and have lived in different parts of the country. My daughter was fortunate to have received some of the best teachers in the school, in my opinion. I will say that there are a few teachers there that I am really glad she didn't have. They are rude, unfriendly, and inconsiderate. I am basing my teacher rating strictly on the teachers that taught my child. That said, I found the staff to be warm and friendly, the school nurse is exceptional, gifted education is fantastic, and we love the principal. She knows every student by name and is actively involved in school activities. Being an intermediate school, the students have a variety of activities during the year from a school choir, band, National Elementary Honor Society, Halloween Hop and Spring Fling, etc. You don't see this alot for these grade levels so it was quite a privelage. We are sad to be leaving. My child formed a strong bond with her teachers and received a top notch education in her two years there.

W J Carroll Intermediate School 4

Posted May 25, 2012
While the school is very nice, my son has not had the best teachers. Some of them do not know the curriculum very well, and their grammar is terrible! I think there are a lot of great teachers at the school, but unfortunately my son has gotten some terrible ones.

W J Carroll Intermediate School 1

Posted June 22, 2004
I would rate this school a 1. I base my decision on the attitudes of the teachers and their willingness to work one on one with children that are having a problem keeping up. Also with this being a Southern school alot of descrimination goes on towards the Northern people. If your child is from the North I would recommend you enrollling them someplace else. In addition your child will have difficulty in school understanding several of the teachers with their southern slang. They do not speak with proper English. They school is strict on the children with their dress code ordering all the children to wear only navy coats. Recess is a thing of the past. No special programs for children that need extra help. No school nurse. I see listed on the stats of this school 18 kids per teacher-not true 29 and most-always they have to share books.

1000 Main St, Daphne, AL  36526
Last modified W J Carroll Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
W J Carroll Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top