Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 25, 2016
The students are taught respect. The students help each other and this message is taught by the teachers.

Develops honesty: Agree

Posted May 25, 2016
The children are taught to all be leaders. They are able to express themselves. The students are encouraged to speak up.

Daphne Elementary School 4

Posted May 25, 2016
It is proactive and always informative. They have a caring staff, great principal, terrific teachers, and its all about our children.

Grateful to: Staff member

Posted May 25, 2016
I would like to thank Kim Overstreet, RN for Daphne Elementary,and Mrs Jolee, staff nurse assistant. It can't be expressed enough the skills, compassion, and care they give to all the children. My child has a dual medical condition, not well known to most. Kim Overstreetwent beyond expectations to do research and know just how to handle any emergency or causal problemsshould it be necessary. The nursing staff is always kind and caring to all the children. They make parents feel at ease knowing not only do they care, but are very well qualified. Kudos to Daphne Elementary and all of the great people who work there!

Posted May 28, 2015
We moved to Daphne this past year from another area in Baldwin County. We feel blessed to be involved in such a great school. Principal Ellis is wonderful! The teachers and other staff genuinely care about the students. My child has learned so much in just one year! We love our school!

Posted October 07, 2013
We LOVE this school. Principal Jonathan Ellis has continued its tradition of creating a positive, loving learning environment that was perpetuated by longtime Principal Jan Palmer. Our daughter had special needs when we transferred her to the school at the start of second grade, and our son started kindergarten there that year. Through the efforts of the caring teachers, special ed staff, administration -- really, everyone working at the school -- my daughter progressed by leaps and bounds during her time there. My son is now in third grade and is doing wonderfully. Principal Ellis has exhibited dynamic leadership since he took the reins, and now in his second year there continues to make a great school better in terms of boosting parental involvement and trying new educational approaches.

Posted August 25, 2013
So far so great. Principal and teachers seem genuinely caring for the students. All staff say how much they appreciate help.

Posted April 19, 2011
This is a five star school that has a strong principal who shows great leadership. The teachers come together like family helping one another. We attended for 2 years (it is a k-3 school) and whenever the kids had an extra activity even in the evenings(choir) you could always count on seeing Mrs. Palmer (principle) showing support and encouraging her kids. From the Principle right down to the janitorial staff they all do their best to make it a safe, fun learning place for everyone right down to those in special ed. We only wished it continued at the way to 6th grade.

Posted November 05, 2009
The staff is always so friendly and the school is always keeped in beautiful shape!I have 2 children that attend and cant wait for my 3 child to start!

Posted March 27, 2007
I have had a wonderful experience with DES! I was sceptical of public school when I moved here but put my daughter at DES in her 1st grade year. This school is absolutely wonderful! The Principal is easy to approach and very into the students and their activities. She knows each student by name and is always outside every morning in the car pool line. The library, art department and the physical education departments are outstanding as well. This year my daughter got the best teacher I could have ever hoped for. Ms. Cashia. She is firm but fun and the kids respect her so much. My daughters grades have gone from so-so to honor roll every quarter. Finally, the office staff and the school nurse are all so caring and kind. I absolutely love this school! I am so thankful for everything this school has to offer.

2307 Main St, Daphne, AL  36526
Last modified Daphne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.