Bad
Good

My review is on the Development Program that Holtville currently offers. The program is a wonderful program and you can be assured that your child will learn accordingly. The only bad that I have to report on would be the way that the teachers conduct themselves. They speak about the children's clothing, actions and home life to who ever they want. They also share anything information that you may have a concern about with everyone, even those not related to the school. I have never been to a school where they handle them selves with such a low level of class.

The faculty, teachers, and volunteers are wonderful. I hope it will stay that way after Mrs. Crapps leaves this year.

We have been at Holtville Elementary since the beginning of the school year. My daughter has Mrs. Kelly who is wonderful. The education is a good one. Weekly communicator folders that include test scores and our child's reading level keep us 100% informed on how our child's education is progressing. I have complete confidence that my child is thriving and learning and safe when I drop her off. The teachers are very organized and really work together as a team to pull off wonderful programs like the Fall Carnival and a new reading program involving in-school-mail. There is a lot of love, hard work, and spirit at this school and it is reflected in the happiness I see in my daughter. Thank you HES!

Moved to this district from out of state. Have had my child at Holtville Elementary for one semester now. The curriculum appears academically sound. Certain elements are disappointing. For example, Music & Art are sacrificed in favor of Phys. Ed., which would lead one to think PE would be a strong program. However, daily PE consists mainly of calisthenics and dodgeball or some variant of dodgeball. (I kid you not!) Sadly, there's no exposure to different sports as part of the Elementary School's PE program. There's a brief focus on passing presidential fitness standards, but then it's back to dodgeball. The teachers at HES are well qualified for the most part, and seem very interested in their students. HES offers an after-school program on site. The school notes that it is a service that's contracted out but hosted at the school. Supervision of this program is weak & lacks discipline.

I've taught at HES for 19 years as a second grade teacher and believe it's the best place not only to send children for preparation into the future, but it's a great place to work. To work alongside ones best friends is a dream come true~

We just moved down here from Ohio, and I must say I love Holtville more than any other school back home, they took the time out to actually spend extra time with my children when they needed help, my kids were D,F students in ohio, now they are A,B average. I love Holtville.

Last modified Holtville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.