Decatur, AL

Posted October 04, 2014
Christian Education can be found at Cornerstone Christian School. . The teachers and staff well implement Christ- like standards and teaching s. My husband is not a Pastor of a church and our child is treated fairly. .Our childs teachers have been very thorough ..and balanced. Our child is receiving topnotch schooling in a GREAT atmosphere.

Cornerstone Christian School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
I am a former student of Cornerstone, and let me tell you, it scarred me. Most of the teachers were very judgemental and quite mean, even going so far as to call me a liar to my face when I opened up to one. They drove me to tears several times, and drove others to be suicidal. They are quite nosy. The faculty looks down upon anyone who believes differently. There is a lot of discrimination: preachers kids and relatives got away with a lot. The sexism is terrible: I was told once to definately try to be a stay at home mom, and a child was made to be a missionaries wife instead of a preacher on a 'my future occupation day'. Girls aren't allowed many oportunities, such as being student counsil president. The staff pressure the students into Christianity so much that many lie simply to be left alone, and their coments ruied others Chistianity or gave them a horrible example. The achedemic options are few. Bible class is mandatory. This school may be good for some, but I would absolutely NOT recommend it to 90% of the population.

Cornerstone Christian School 1

Posted March 23, 2014
At Cornerstone, the Christian atmosphere really helps the student's spiritual life through preaching and influential teachers. However, the academic aspect is very poor. Teachers are unorganized and don't finish teaching the whole textbook, and the courses that are offered are very limited. Unfortunately, some graduates of this school are incapable of doing well in college. Perhaps this school would be effective for teaching learning pastors, but especially not future doctors and lawyers. I myself had a difficult time learning at this school.

Posted November 23, 2009
As a graduate of Cornerstone, I highly recommend this school for any parent seeking a warm, challenging, and wholesome place for their child to receive an education. Academically I was more than prepared for the challenges of college and have gone on to attain a four-year degree with graduate studies. However, it was the spiritual aspect of Cornerstone that has made the most lasting impact on my life and has led me to serve the Lord with my time and talents as an adult.

Posted September 05, 2006

Posted September 05, 2006
Cornerstone is a wonderful school with fabulous teachers. They make learning fun for the students. Children can get a good Christian education at Cornerstone. My children are excited to go to school everyday. I feel that my children are getting a quality education and learning more about God at the same time.

Posted February 12, 2004
- a former student

Cornerstone Christian School
3211 Spring Avenue Southwest, Decatur, AL  35603
Last modified Cornerstone Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cornerstone Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top