Decatur, AL

Cedar Ridge Middle School 1

Posted January 24, 2015
The Bulling is bad, the teachers seem like they don't care, and the principal's rather point their finger at the victim rather than the bullies.

Cedar Ridge Middle School 1

Posted October 28, 2010
This school is filled with poorly rounded students who have been led to believe they are better than everyone and that there mommas will fix everything when they mess up. Also the girls dress is totally inappropriate with daisy duke shorts and mini skirts with low cut shirts. I am really ashamed to have to go to this school.( would have picked 0 stars if they let me)

Posted August 08, 2008
wonder full but the 7th grade and 8th grade are ehhh... i give a 9

Cedar Ridge Middle School 4

Posted February 27, 2008
I give my school and above average rating for the many activities it has active robotics. chorus, band, and many sports including track, football, basketball, volleyball, and more. We also have IB Experience which involves Spanish and learning about other places such as Mexico and many more. We have Computer Tech. to learn more about computers and how they work. I am currently in 6th grade getting ready for Football Spring Practice and we are going to whoop Brookhaven as well as in basketball. Our crosstown rival haha. Hope the review helps. This is from a student by the way.

Posted October 18, 2007
I think the school is great. I love my school and appreciate everything they do for us. We have very many club opptions that we can choose, from to sports to clubs. I am in the spanish club and loven it.

Cedar Ridge Middle School 3

Posted October 09, 2007
For me cedar ridge was a home but also a horrible place to be at times. they are so focused on IB and other things such as band and football we were not learning the stuff for what school is suppose to be!

Cedar Ridge Middle School

Posted July 21, 2007
Be careful. If your finances permit you to do so, do not move into this school district. Send your children to private school if you live in the area. The principal and other administrators are the BIGGEST problem. They spent millions of tax dollars on an IB program to disguise their incompetencies--including a lack of discipline, lack of respect for their teachers and support staff, and lack of sanitation in the building.

Cedar Ridge Middle School 4

Posted April 13, 2007
Overall, Cedar Ridge is a good school. There are relatively few students who are in special education classes or whose native language is not English, so the classroom teachers can dedicate more time to mainstream students. There seems to be a low incidence of bullying and major discipline problems. Nonetheless, if one's child is a special needs child who is not outwardly affected (as in crippled or Down's Syndrome), don't expect all the special education people to go out of their way to help. Some will, and some won't. Expect a lot of discipline forms coming home for rather trivial things if your child is not a 'cardboard kid'. Fortunately, the principal and assistant principal are fairly approachable. We have had good teachers in the academic areas. The building is well maintained and there is a sense of pride from the faculty, staff and student body.

Cedar Ridge Middle School 2

Posted November 03, 2006
I absolutely hated the education quality my child received! He was in the Math team program and did not learn the BARE MINIMUM for 7th graders!

Posted December 14, 2005
I must say that my child has matured over the past 4 1/2 months and excels in her classes overall the enviroment is wonderful. We have had a few problems with bullying children this year, one went as far as to hit my child in the face and pull her hair which, resulted in In School Suspension for the young lady and my daughter also whom was only trying to protect herself but, rules are rules and everyone must follow them. I don't like the teachers discussing other childrens grades and behavior with me, I feel if they will discuss someone elses child with me then they will discuss mine with someone else and to me that is a little extreme otherwise the teachers are great and provide a great learning enviroment.

Cedar Ridge Middle School
2715 Danville Rd SW, Decatur, AL  35603
Last modified Cedar Ridge Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cedar Ridge Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top