Austin High School 4

Posted August 04, 2010
Austin is a wonderful school. The school system is not perfect but please tell me where one is. I have found the teachers, Principals and Administrators to be encouraging and helpful. I have two at Austin one of them is ADHD and my overall response to how they handle him is GOD Bless you. They will work with parents and students when they know what is going on. Because there are so many students at this high school it is important that parents involve the school not wait on the teachers to call us. If more parents did this can you imagine how much it would help our teacher, Principals and Aministrators to best serve our community and school system.

Posted October 04, 2009
I honestly believe Austin High is one of the best High schools in Decatur and the school could really use the money to make things a lot better for us students. We love our school and would appriciate help.

Posted June 23, 2009

Austin High School 3

Posted March 30, 2009

Posted December 20, 2008
I recently graduated from Austin this year and I must say I absolutely loved it. My freshmen and sophomore years were a little rough only because I still had the mind of a middle schooler. I finally matured my 2nd semester of 10th grade and enjoyed my last years there to the fullest. The school may have a large enrollment but you already know most of your classmates upon starting. It's a big school with a small school feel. The teachers have no problems in giving one-on-one tutoring. The IB and AP programs are very helpful to those seeking a higher education. The list of clubs and organizations is as long as the eye can see. The sports program is incredible. Almost every student is in some sport. I give Austin High School 2 Thumbs Up for any parents who are wondering.

Posted July 23, 2008
I recently graduated from Austin High School and would have to say that this is the high school you want to choose if you are trying to decide on what side of town you want to live in. The counselors are wonderful and got to know us on a one-on-one basis, this was very helpful when preparing for college!! The IB, AP, and Honors classes helped me to train myself for higher education. I learned to manage my time and work around a study schedule. There are various extra-cirricular activities that range from Marching Band, Chorus, Health Occupations, Yearbook Staff, Photography, Golf, there is definitely something for every student. Austin High School is dignified, classy, and well known throughout the State. Austin focuses on the Performing Arts, as well as Vocational skills that better prepare individuals

Austin High School 0

Posted April 14, 2008
I have one child at Austin and one child who is a graduate. My college age daughter attends a top 25 university out of state. She was very prepared academically for college. Both of my children have had good experiences in Decatur City schools. The English department is especially strong at Austin. Your children may hate some of the English teachers while they are here but will sing their praises when they go onto higher education!

Posted January 18, 2008
As a former student of Austin High School, I can honestly say that I was thoroughly prepared for higher levels of education. I was given the opportunity to develop the characteristics that allowed me to excel in college, and now in the work force! During my first year of college my classmates and I were required to write several essays and papers, and all of my classmates brought their papers to me to review! I attribute this to the education that I received at Austin! Yes, Austin does have a large number of students when compared to other schools in the region, but the administration is FULLY capable of taking care of each and every student. I wholeheartedly give Austin my full support and recommendation!

Posted January 14, 2008
I am currently a student at Austin High School and i love it. It is a great school filled with many great teachers. There is more school spirit and pride in this school than anywhere in north Alabama. There are classes for everyone and many extra activities to participate in. I would never dream of going anywhere else! I would definitely reccomend Austin! Go Bears!

Austin High School 2

Posted November 15, 2007
My son is a freshman now and he has classes with a ratio of 30:1. The administration and teachers have no idea what is going on with students. It is too overcrowded. I would not recommend this school to anyone. I feel the other high schools in North Alabama have a lower student body population, and excellent sports programs.

Austin High School
1625 Danville Rd SW, Decatur, AL  35601
Last modified Austin High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Austin High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top