Bad
Good

I went to this school from 2004-2007. I always loved school. I loved elementary school and I loved high school. This school however, I hated. In 6th grade, three 8th graders ganged up on me and broke my arm. The school has a "zero tolerance for bullying" yet nothing happened to these girls at all. When I went to the office with my broken arm, they told me to go back to class. Luckily I had a cell phone and was able to call my parents to take me to the ER. The next day I showed up at school with my arm in a cast and told them exactly who it was that were picking on me and nothing happened to them at all. I no longer felt safe at school and it made me fear going for the three years I attended Brook Haven. Hopefully, changes have been made but there are plenty of other schools to choose from in Sebastopol. I wouldn't send my child here.

Brookhaven Middle School is a very unique school with caring teachers, administrators and staff. Students' needs are their number one priority.

There is really not a problem with the school or administartion istelf, its the students that go there. Having been going to Oak Park, everyone talks about how the teachers and staff try their best but the students simply do not want to learn and instead bully one another. The school has good security, just not enough good students.

This school is horrible! It's ridiculous that Decatur has three middle schools two of which are equal, Cedar Ridge and Oak Park, and then there's Brookhaven.This school is way unbalanced compared to the others. A high percent of Decatur's youth is denied a proper education because of the parent's disability to pay for a house in a different area. I knew someone who went there until he was pulled out to be home schooled. EVERY morning the parent would worry about her kid's safety, her kid's safety in a MIDDLE SCHOOL! As one of the parent below said they cared more about a shirt than a child's EDUCATION!! It's also pitiful when a parent rather send their CHILD to a different state and LIVE with someone else than send to this school. Decatur city school has a problem and they need to FIX IT.

this school has major problems with disciplin and the administration leaves a lot to be desired. I would not send my child to BMS.

Last modified Brookhaven Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.