Bad
Good

My children attended Banks Caddell last year. I was extremely disappointed at the unprofessional way my Son's teacher behaved. He went from a child who loved school to having to be placed on medication for frequent tension headaches. I always teach my children they must listen to their teacher and the teacher is always right, but in this circumstance I had to step in and defend him against daily torment. He still managed good grades but what a horrible year. We moved just to get away from this school. My daughter had a good year at Banks Caddell but I think she is the exception.

This school disgusts me. My daughter moved to Banks-Caddell this year and I could not be more disappointed. The majority of the office staff seem to have no idea what's going on or how to do their job and there is virtually no security. Anyone could come check your child out of school. My daughter's teacher has been great but she can only do so much with the badly behaved children in her class. My daughter's learning experience has been greatly impaired by the majority of the other students in her class. They are so badly behaved it interrupts class on a regular basis. I have also had to buy her school supplies 3 times this year and it's only December. The first set I provided her went into the pool with everyone else's supplies, but not everyone brought supplies so my daughter didn't have all that she needed. Her pencil box with her supplies in it then got stolen and nothing was done about it so I had to buy yet another round of supplies. The parents are not involved at all. At any given event there are maybe 3 parents out of the 22 children in the class. We will be moving if she cannot go to another school next year.

My son just started at Banks Caddell. After hearing nothing but negative comments about the school since moving to the area, I have been pleasantly surprised. My son loves the school, administration and his teacher. His teacher has far surpassed my expectations of what a teacher's roles are. She has called me twice in one week and relayed info on my child. She even gave me her personal cell the first day of school. Never known a teacher to do that. I'm very happy I decided to give the school a chance, I look forward to a very fun and educational year for my son.

Banks-Caddell is NOT a magnet school. It is a good school, and the former location of the magnet school. Although this lot has had a school for more than 100 years, the new Banks-Caddell is a completely new school, newly built. I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Last modified Banks-Caddell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.