Decatur, AL

Posted May 16, 2013
My school is the most Awesome middle school in the district! I am proud to be a part of OPMS!

Posted March 20, 2013
As a parent of a student in 7th grade at Oak Park, and as a former coach/educator with 15 years of experience in multiple states on multiple secondary education levels, I have to say that I am quite impressed with Oak Park Middle School. It's been my experience that middle schools are often awkward institutions that reflect the awkward stage the children are experiencing. Oak Park is nothing like that at all. The staff is pro-active, friendly and professional. The Principal, Ashley McIntyre, is fantastic. To be frank, I'm not quite sure how long they can keep a superior administrator such as that on that level. The school's staff makes every effort to maximize the resources on hand. Perhaps more than anything, what impresses me about this school is not how good it is right now, but rather than they continue to strive to be better each day. In my opinion, that really separates them from the rest. The district has some issues to contend with, but this school is not one of them. I'd recommend this school to any parent moving into the community. I'm normally a supporter of private schools, but not in this case. 5-stars for Oak Park all the way.

Posted March 18, 2013
I am on my second child at OPMS. I hope the administration stays strong and keeps their focus on what is best for the children. DCS is in a time of flux that has many considering moving out of town. OPMS is doing a great job!!! Their faculty is wonderful and the administration is second to none!!!

Posted March 15, 2013
As a parent that went to OPMS many years ago, I'm proud that my kids are going there. I like that the teachers send weekly e-mails to let me know what they are doing in the classroom. If I have any questions, they are always there to answer them.

Oak Pk Middle School 4

Posted March 14, 2013
Oak Park is a great place to work because of the true "family" atmosphere among the staff and principals. We all work together to help our students be successful, and we are all truly focused on making our school the best it can be! I truly believe it is one of the BEST schools around!

Oak Pk Middle School 4

Posted March 14, 2013
My oldest child currently attends OP as a 7th grader. Before entering last year, we strongly considered a private school rather than public middle school. After comparing the curriculums, we felt our child would experience better academics at OP, due to their offering of honors classes, TAG programs and other enrichment opportunities, i.e. foriegn language. We have not been disappointed!

Posted March 14, 2013
As a parent and a teacher in Decatur City Schools, I can't say enough wonderful things about Oak Park and its amazing staff! From the administration, who are truly advocates for our children, to the teachers and staff, Oak Park stacks up against any middle school, private or public. Communication is a key ingredient as to why I think Oak Park has been so successful with ALL students. From newsletters, to emails, to text messages...I know my child is taken care of every day and earning a top notch education on top of that.

Posted March 14, 2013
I was really scared about my son going to middle school. He has Asperger's, and I was very worried that he would not fit in, would be bullied, and would just not perform well in middle school. My experience with Oak Park, it's staff and teachers have proven that my concerns was highly misplaced. My son has really excelled at Oak Park. He has found a good group of friends with similar interests and is participating in band, drama, and other activities at school. The principal and assistant principal are excellent and run a very tight ship. They don't allow any foolishness to go on at the school and are always willing to talk to the parents. I have often emailed the principal after working hours or on the weekend and have received a response from him before the next day. I cannot say enough great things about Oak Park.

Posted March 14, 2013
As a parent and and an educator, I have been very pleased with OPMS. The instruction my child has received has been of high quality. There is an excellent line of communication with teachers and administration. Emails are sent frequently and online calendars and websites are always up to date.

Posted March 14, 2013
Oak Park Middle School is an exceptional school that meets and exceeds my expecations by providing the best educational experience for my children.

Oak Pk Middle School
1218 16th Ave SE, Decatur, AL  35601
Last modified Oak Pk Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Pk Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 40 reviews. Top