Bad
Good

We moved here 4 years ago.We had left a wonderful school system ,I was worried that my boys would have a hard time with school.Somerville Road Elementary was and is still the best elementary school.I love everything about the school.Teachers are wonderful..Any one moving to the area would love Somerville Road as we do .

My autistic child attended Pre-K at Somerville Rd prior to entering Kindergarten at the elementary school that we're zoned for. I say with great pleasure that when his K teacher showed me the syllabus for his 1st semester of grade K, that my son was already able to do far above what she'd be teaching! This is a testament to the dedication of not us, although we've worked daily w/ him since age 2 on academics, but to his teacher at Somerville Rd. He's autistic, and that does play a role in him being able to recite every key of a keyboard (in order), but w/o the fortitude of a rock soid teacher, he wouldn't be where he is today.

I have several children that attend school at Somerville Rd. They have been attending for 2 years now. I do believe that they attempt to do the best job possible with what is available to them but seem to fall short. The new principal is great....very accessible. In spite of the few flaws I think overall this is a good school and I believe the staff really does care.

Last modified Somerville Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.