West Decatur Elementary School 1

Posted March 14, 2013
This has got to be one of the worst schools in Decatur. My son was bullied there almost daily. Some of the teachers are very concerned about the students and are wonderful. I used to volunteer my time there but I dont believe I was welcomed all the time. All I can say is I am so glad that I moved.

West Decatur Elementary School 1

Posted March 01, 2012
I attended this school in the late 80's early 90's. From 3rd to 5th grades. From experiance i still have not properly graspped (basic) math. WHY? Because in third grade knowone paid attention enough to realise i had ADHD. Thankfully i just picked up on reading from a quick thinking teacher and some extra time at a school I attendended just prior to West Decatur. The environment in the classroom was stressful and I was unvoluntarilly called to the board on many occasions. It was harrassment, i felt i was being made an example of and it reached it's boiling point when i refused to work it out at the board because i didn't know how. The teacher asked me in front on the class "Did you leave your brain at home with your lunch" snickers came from all my classmates and this gave them ammunition. Yes i was not eating in the cafeteria but in my house because of bullying that was already going on.

West Decatur Elementary School 5

Posted March 29, 2006
West Decatur has gone through lots of changes over the years. Thankfully, those changes were for the better. Teachers are totally dedicated to their students. Test scores have improved tremenduously. West Decatur has a population of non english speaking students whom they work with daily. These students are happy and well adjusted. This is possible because of the dedicated staff at the school. The school provides a family friendly environment which makes a huge difference in your child's education.

West Decatur Elementary School
708 Memorial Dr SW, Decatur, AL  35601
Last modified West Decatur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
West Decatur Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top