Posted August 17, 2010
Great School. My Daughter went here for a year before we moved to Florida. They really push reading and make it number one! I feel that School is better then these Schools here in Orlando Florida and wish I never moved my family out of that School down here. They are great at woodmeade!!!!!!!

Posted June 11, 2009
Very good school friendly environment and excellent teachers

Woodmeade Elementary School 1

Posted May 23, 2006
I have 3 children that are attending this school now after moving from Danville. I feel that some of the teachers are to harsh on their students. I have not been impressed with the city school system at all in the past 2 yrs. I do believe that I am going to sell and move back to county.

Posted May 29, 2005
My son has had a wonderful time here. The teachers are very involved in their students and they really care for each individual child. My son has had problems with ADHD and is very hard to control. I never felt like they ever singled my child out or made him feel like he was a 'bad' child. Throughout our struggles Woodmeade has been there for us and been ready and willing to listen whenever I felt like something wasn't working. This school is definitely proactive in their approach to teaching EVERY child, not just those who 'fit inside the box'.

Posted March 09, 2005
I have two children who attended Woodmeade. They want to go back! I have nothing but praise for this school. Dr. Wadsworth is a wonderful principal. She makes every child feel special. She has the most wonderful staff of teachers and workers I have ever met. During the four years we were at this school, I was never dissapointed. The parent involvment is wonderful. The teachers work well with parents and love to have their help. My children left this school with the confidence that they can achieve anything in life!We miss this school and only wish there were more like this one.

Posted January 31, 2005
My son has been a student at this school for the past two years and I have nothing but praise for this school. Every day when he comes home from school he has something exciting to tell me about his day. At Woodmeade, they offer a variety of hands on activites each day to help students learn more efficiently. I really like the parent involvement in the school. I rarely miss a school event whether it be a PTA meeting or a fundraiser. The teachers are also excellent at what they do. I was a little bit skeptical that my child would be reading by the end of kindergarten but he did it with the help of his wonderful teacher (Mrs. Russell). His teacher this year (Mrs. Hall) is also super. My son loves all the teachers and the principal. She is the greatest and very involved with her students daily.

Woodmeade Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2003
My children attended school here and it was the best! Very caring teachers, good programs for the children, I would not take anything for getting their start here. A great foundation!

Woodmeade Elementary School
1400 19th Ave SW, Decatur, AL  35601
Last modified Woodmeade Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodmeade Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top