Posted April 20, 2012
I love this school! The teachers love their jobs they are like family and take such pride in what they do,going beyond their call of duty!! I take my hat off to ALL THE Staff @ FRANCES NUNGESTER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL!!! Excellent teachers Strong principal/school leadership

Posted August 17, 2011
Love this school! Great teachers, staff, and administration! Don't let someone else perception sway you - go in and visit, meet the people, get involved, and pay attention and you will see for yourself that this school is wonderful! My son started kinder last year and I was hesitant - but I visited the school often, met the teachers, staff, and principal and love them! My daughter started PreK this year at FNES and she loves it! Test scores are up, higher than some of the better rated schools in the district! Get involved, parent involvement is a little low, but growing -- can only make this place a better place to be -- give it a chance, you might just love it!

Posted October 12, 2010
All employess @ Frances Nungester Elementary love educating all students.

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted August 10, 2008
Well my son has ben going to this school, and he is realy doing great, we move to st louisand they use to say that my son has some problem, but at this school he do not have any. so maybe you parent needs to seat back and take a good look at youself and quit depending on teachers to do you job for you. so I rate you as fellow 5 star

Posted April 24, 2008

Posted April 14, 2008
My son went to Frances Nungester for one year & one year only. We literally moved to a neighboring town (Hartselle) just to get our children out of Decatur's school system. Discipline problems run rampant & teachers have completely de-tached themselves from teaching.

Frances Nungester Elementary School 3

Posted February 07, 2008

Frances Nungester Elementary School 2

Posted June 13, 2006

Frances Nungester Elementary School 2

Posted October 13, 2005
My child is the only one of his race in his class. Due to racial cultural differences, my child feels alienated, depressed and withdrawn, which is being misconstrued as my child's being 'off-task.' I'm not a racist, but believe that parents should take into consideration the classroom racial mix of students that they are placing their child in when they are enrolling their child into a school. If the racial/cultural students don't number at least 10% or better of their race, then the child may be unable to identify with cultural differences which culminates into being accepted and having a feeling of belonging to their peer group. A successful learning environment is all about balance. In our situation, an overwhelming unbalance of racial culture is having an extremely negative effect on our child.

Frances Nungester Elementary School
726 Tammy St SW, Decatur, AL  35603
Last modified Frances Nungester Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Frances Nungester Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top