Posted January 30, 2014
Corner Theatre Academy is one of the best programs to be involved with in Alabama. I would highly recommend coming to Corner for theatre or if you are interested in any other type of fine art.

Posted October 18, 2013
This school was a nightmare for my granddaughter. She was bullied throughout the year, insulted by teachers, had food thrown at her, and was even punched in the chest by another student who was not punished according to school policy. I spent the entire year trying to get help to no avail. I eventually had to notify the state board of education. They could not fix her gpa which was sabotaged by the theater teacher but they have taken action to try and prevent other children from suffering in this school. Would not ever recommend this school.

Corner High School 5

Posted June 07, 2013
I believe this school is several notches above the rest. It has so much to offer from advanced placement courses to several extracurricular programs. It has a newly formed theatre academy, athletics, band, choir, art, career technical programs plus offers on-campus college courses. It has many highly qualified teachers and teachers who are involved in all aspects of school life.

Posted March 11, 2012
I graduated from Corner High in '11 and I am a proud alumni! Every school has ups and downs just like Corner, it is a high school! The classes just keep getting better with the new school. Teachers will go all out to help their students. This school with each different program is like a family. Just get into a sport, theater, band, etc. I hope that one day when I have children they will go here.

Posted September 22, 2011
I am a Senior at Corner High School and have been here all my life. I have already taken numrous college classes and have been prepared for every one of them. Not only was I prepared, I made an A in each class. My older sister graduated from Corner and is now a nursing graduate of UAB. This school is wonderful! Yes some of the teachers need to start doing their jobs, but for the most part the teachers really care and try and help the kids! Lack of parent involvment is the big issue at Corner. As for the new school...it is amazing! Completly up to date and beautiful! I can not wait to start college and I thank Corner for that! Congrats class of 2012!!! We did it!!! (well, at least we are almost there)

Posted September 14, 2011
My child just began Corner High School when school began this year as he is in the 9th grade. As of yet,not that am at all looking for,he has not had any problems, other than the typical anxiety from going from one school to another. which is very common. my ex-wife and I have taught in public schools for over 35 1/2 years. she has taught at multiple schools, while I always worked at the first, large 6A school that hired me and was involved with about as many activities,mainly varsity football, that you could imagine ,sometimes working as many as 19-20 hours a day, especially in football season. My point here is that me and my x ,who chose to move out to the Sayre area have much experience with children from all walks of life, especially myself,much more than her. my children attended the Bagley school,which was a great experience! Many people mention DIVERSITY in their comments : which literally means difference or variety---as common sense dictates to us that clearly comes from the area we chose to live in. it is NO ONES FAULT, BUT A CHOICE WE MAKE! YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE THIS! Corner seems like a great place to me with excellent teachers/staff. Time will tell.we are happy so far!

Posted July 28, 2011
Corner high school is full of bullying and sheltered students. They do not prepare the students for the real world. As for the faculty there are teachers that throw books office faculty that talk to you AFTER they finish gossiping with each other. As for diversity? There is none and if a person of different nationality attends corner many students will do their best to for e them out by harassment verbal and physical abuse racist remarks and flying the rebel flag. I am a former student there and if you're considering corner as your child's school, don't. RUN. A bigger school with more diversity is best. I have attended big city schools and small country schools and the bigger more culturally diverse schools better prepare you for real life.

Posted July 11, 2011
This school is a down right shame. I removed my child after being bullied and name called and depression evident! and no teacher or official doing anything to stop it! I suppose I could call the parents of the ones causing the problems but that is hard to do when it is the teachers that are the bullies!! I would not recomend this school to anyone! the faculty is terrible! they are there to get a pay check, they don't care anything about the kids! My child is not alone I know of 25 to 30 students who have left for reasons similar to this! Shame on you Corner high school!!

Corner High School 3

Posted May 04, 2011
From what I have heard the children saying about the school, it must be very boring and the teachers must not be too concerned. They are taking pictures of kids sleeping in class, doing nails in class, and in general, just goofing off. How can these kids be ready for college in an atmosphere like this? Our kids and grandkids need to go to college. Are they getting prepared at Corner? I believe someone needs to take action now, not later.

Corner High School 5

Posted May 07, 2010
I think that the deputy that works at the schools is doing an excellent job! He is trying to keep the school safe and drug free!

Corner High School
10005 Corner School Rd, Dora, AL  35062
Last modified Corner High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Corner High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top