Dothan, AL

Posted August 25, 2014
We are new to HA. The Director of Admissions and Upper School Guidance Counselor assisted us in the enrollment process in record time due to a very quick relocation to Dothan. After the second day of school, my son seemed relaxed and happy and already made friends. He really likes his classes and teachers. The small class sizes are amazing for individual attention. In addition to great, traditional academic classes, the elective choices are outstanding! My husband and I attended Open House and were so thrilled to meet teachers with such passion for their subject areas and for teaching. Additionally, they genuinely care about their students and want them to succeed. They come in to school early and will stay late to help students who need extra help. They offer a "Short Term" in the spring for students to take classes, take a class trip to Europe or visit colleges...or even do career exploration. If you are contemplating changing schools within Dothan or you are relocating to Dothan, I highly recommend Houston Academy! I know that my son will be well-prepared for college and life after graduating from HA. I have never seen a more dedicated faculty and staff. Thank you, HA!

Posted September 24, 2013
I am a Houston Academy alum and now a parent. HA holds a special place in my heart. Not only is HA our school, it is also our home away from home. HA is a family! The students, teachers, administration, and parents all care for each other and expect the best. I was very prepared for college and beyond, and I thank HA for that. My children love school and are learning not only academics, but life lessons. HA is a fabulous school that we all call home.

Posted September 24, 2013
I am so pleased that we have our son going to Houston Academy. The faculty and staff are wonderful and caring individuals who really do want to see your child succeed. The children are challenged and encouraged. Houston Academy prepares your child for college and has more seniors that go on to college than any other school in this area. I am so pleased to be a part of the HA family.

Posted September 24, 2013
Houston Academy will always hold a special place in our family. The faculty and administration are exceptional! Both of my children have been given the tools to succeed in college and beyond! When considering that children spend at LEAST 8 hours a day away from their families, learning to be accountable adults with compassion and a hunger for learning - there is NO better place than Houston Academy! I love most that my children have grown to love Art and Music! I honestly feel they are given the best opportunity to explore, create and express who they are as individuals. For this reason, we will be forever grateful that both of our children attended Houston Academy!!!

Houston Academy 0

Posted May 09, 2008
Houston Academy is an exccelent school!!!!!!!!!

Posted January 21, 2005
Houston Academy is an excellent school with a strong program in academics, as well as wonderful classes in music, art, and computer. Every Lower School student learns to play a band instrument (provided by the PTO) and has both music and chorus classes. AP classes in math, science, foreign language ( French, Spanish, or Latin), English, and computer science are taught for Upper School students. Teachers are highly qualified and parents are supportive and involved. The school also excels in a wide variety of sports programs. I am very pleased to have my children at Houston Academy.

Posted February 23, 2004
- a former student
The education and leadership skills I received here were invaluable in my college experience. I was not only elevated above other students in terms of my study skills, but the extra time I had allowed me to be more involved on campus than I would have been. Everything about H.A. is wonderful, and I could not imagine spending my childhood anywhere else.

Houston Academy 3