Dothan, AL
Before care: Yes

Posted January 30, 2013
NMA is a great place for children to excel. My children have attended NMA since K4 and I could not be more pleased with their success. The staff really cares for and wants to help all students achieve excellence. I have to say my family is blessed for being a part of the NMA family.

Posted January 19, 2013
If you are looking for a Christian school everyone should look at Northside. My daughter has been there for 3 years and I don t want her to go to another school ever. Not only has she excelled in her academics she has great Christian teaching and examples that any parent would love for their child. The teachers truly are called by God to not only teacher but mentor their students. The school has an incredible family atmosphere I ve never seen at any other school. I ve seen great progress in the school overall this past year with campus improvements, parent involvement, and new things like eTextbooks and wireless technology on campus that is coming. I am excited what is happening at Northside and truly believe anyone looking for a school should take a strong look here.

Posted September 14, 2012
I love having my daughter come home excited about what she is learning. She came home talking about what an awesome woman of God her bible teacher is. When she tells me that her academic teachers are very good teachers, but she wants to study more for her test, I know we are at the right school. The staff cares about the education of each student. All parents are encouraged to get involved and participate in school functions. The school is continuing to make many improvements around the campus. The new gym floor looks great. I have never seen a principal and leadership team that cared more than Northside's team does!

Posted April 26, 2011
We have really enjoyed having our child in NMA, the new office and teaching/coaching faculty put in place in 2010 have been incredible! What amazing changes have taken place and for the better. I have never seen such excitement and passion in a school. Their motto is very true: Passion DOES live there! There is a passion for Christ, a passion for education, and a passion for having fun! The teachers are great, very fun and loving. The curriculumn is great, and the teachers incorporate so much more than I could have expected. My child talks about how much fun it is every day. I know my child is getting a great education in a safe environment full of love and leadership. I am so excited with upcoming additions and programs. My child enjoys school and learning. She also is excited and counting down the days for Summer Camp 2011!! I am amazed how much she has learned and grown at NMA, to God be the glory for a facility that cares so much.

Northside Methodist Academy 4

Posted April 25, 2011
As an alumni of NMA, parents of an alumni, our confidence in NMA continues as we currently have our three son's enrolled here. Our relationship with the school has spanned many years! We have truly been blessed to be a part of such a loving educational environment. Throughout the years the love and dedication of the staff has been consistent. Their devotion to providing our children a loving,God-centered learning has never wavered. The current administration has fervor and passion to strengthen the school. Communication with staff is made rather simple with email and the very updated website! I love the ABEKA curriculum as a basis for phonics and elementary fundamentals. It is an excellent groundwork for learning! God's word is throughout the curriculum. I love it! As the students advance into the upper grades the texts are diverse. Having three son's sports have a rather large place in our lives. We are excited to become a part of the NMA "rich history" in sports in the years to come! This year music class has become awesome with Mr. PArker. He has such a gift to see the talents and draw it out of his students So thankful to be a part of what is happening here!

Posted April 07, 2011
There are many reasons our family loves Northside Methodist Academy! A strong Christian learning environment is very important to us and NMA is Christ-centered and Christ-led. This is evident in every aspect of the school, from the classrooms to the ball fields to the office. Our children also have amazing teachers! They make learning fun and exciting! Our kids have developed a great love of learning through NMA and we believe that will serve them well throughout their lives. The teachers at NMA are well-educated in their subjects, well-prepared, and they truly care about each student. Teaching is not a job to them. It is a calling! We are very impressed with the school leadership at NMA, because they have tremendous wisdom and great vision for the future of the school. They have made positive changes over the past year and a half that are making our school even better. NMA has always had a rich history of success in academics, sports and enrichment activities, but we believe NMA's best days are still ahead of us. We are so thankful for Northside Methodist Academy and the opportunity to have our children enrolled here. This is such an awesome investment into their lives!

Posted October 20, 2009
This is our fourth year at NMA. We have been extremely happy with our daughters eduacation at NMA. We have gone through some tough times with some teacher turn over, but I think it probably had to be done. You never have change without some pain and there will always be 2 sides to the story. Christ has to stay first for NMA to continue to recover, God will reward NMA for its faithfullness. Pray for our school, be apart of the fix and not the problem.

Posted June 08, 2009

Posted June 08, 2009

Posted June 03, 2009
My daughter attends this school and loves it. Yes the school has gone through some drastic changes in administration over the past few years but I feel that the overall quality of education has not changed. As for the parent, complaining about fast food for lunch, they did not have to order their child a lunch everyday. Why not send a 'healthy' lunch if they did not want to get anything off the menu. There are 'healthy' things listed on the lunch menu. As far as snack or break time, any school is going to offer junk food and sodas, just look around!!

Northside Methodist Academy
2600 Redmond Rd, Dothan, AL  36303
Last modified Northside Methodist Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Northside Methodist Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top