Bad
Good

Highlands Elementary School 1

Posted October 01, 2014
My son had the worst experience at Highland's Elementary. Everyday is was something new. I became so aggravated with the school I decided that my son would not attend Highland's Elementary. My sons teacher called him a liar to his face and wrote in his folder he was a liar. I was so disappointed in her being so unprofessional! You don't tear a child down you build then up. I feel a teachers job is to teach the child and show that child love. Teachers must make their students to be confident in who they are. I am proud to say my son is at a new school and he loves it. We have not had any problems. I am so thankful for that !

Highlands Elementary School 1

Posted March 20, 2014
My child goes to this school and receives special education. I was suppose to have a meeting about his special education but last minute could not do it because I just found out that my daughter was sick and that my son may have it therefore I needed to take him to the doctor immediately. They refused to let me pick up my kids until I signed a special education document saying we had the meeting when we did not. Then they started bickering over a walkie talkie about me. I proceed to the office where again they said we could not leave until I signed it. Saying don't let her go until she signs it. NOT wanting to cause a scene in front of my children I signed it. I can't believe educators would do something like this. My kids will not be going back.

Highlands Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2013
As a teacher at Highlands Elementary I know first hand the love and support each child who enters the doors gets. We treat them just like our own. We have high expectations for the students and work endlessly to help them achieve their goals. Highlands is a great school, but we really need more technology in our rooms. We are working on getting Promethean Boards for each classroom but we have a long way to go. We do not get the funding to put one in each class like most other Dothan city schools. But just the same we love our children and we use all the resources we have to make successful students here at Highlands.

Posted August 01, 2013
Highlands Elementary is a fantastic school! The staff works well together and addresses the needs of all students learning styles across grade levels. Despite lack of funding and up to date technology, teachers strive to ensure that ALL children are challenged, have fun, and learn.

Posted May 25, 2010
We are continually impressed by the level of professionalism and the quality of learning that our children receive by the teachers at Highlands.

Highlands Elementary School 4

Posted January 25, 2010
So far my child absolutely loves Highlands. The new principal Mrs. Davis is so compassionate and on top of things! We moved here and she made the transition a success! So did the third grade teacher Mrs. Vann! My child is sailing!! He is learning so much and is not bored this year! Now he does have a challenge to learn. He loves it at Highlands! All the teachers have been so kind to him.

Posted October 23, 2008
Vernell Paul and the staff at Highlands are by far the best. They have worked with me consistently to address my son's special needs and the progress he has made under their program is amazing.

Posted December 08, 2005
Highlands is one of the best schools in the Dothan area by far for primary education. The teachers and staff there are very concerned and caring when it come to the students. They have great reading programs, link program (for children with above average learning), they have a great speech teacher, and even have extra tutoring for children that are having a hard time. I have 2 children in this school and one is in the Link program and one is actaully having to get extra help in speech and tutoring. This school and its staff are very professional and do care about the childrens learning. I am very proud of how excellance i have seen come from this school.

Posted September 20, 2004
This school has been great with my child I have nothing but praise for it and it's teachers. Thank you for everything too bad I can't take this place with me when we move to Tx.

Highlands Elementary School
1400 South Brannon Stand Rd, Dothan, AL  36305
Last modified Highlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.