Posted July 26, 2014
My experience had been that this school was working hard to make academic progress. According to the PARCA report given annually this had been the case until a change in leadership.This school has a new principal who carries a paddle around and beats it on desks to get the students to listen. He also is rude to his teachers and raises his voice to them in an unprofessional manner. Many of the teachers have left the system or transferred to other schools.

Girard Middle School 3

Posted February 08, 2013
This school is an okay school but since all the new teachers and stuff came in its been getting worse... if you send your child here he will love the memories ...Well until he gets to 8th grade XD

Girard Middle School 4

Posted May 01, 2012
Girard isn't bad. Discipline begins at home. Most of the children that attend this school come to learn and get educated and there are those that only come to socialize and interrupt the learning process and there are places for these children. The principal is caring and goes Above and beyond for his students and faculty. Parents should be more involved and follow up on what is going on at the school. A great tool to use is Parent Portal or just call the school and request a conference 334-794-1426. I have a daughter that attended Girard grades 6-8 and is doing great. She is getting ready to graduate from North view. I have a daughter that attend Girard now and is wonderful but sometimes makes bad choices as at some point we all have and have to get focused and back on track. The teaches that teach my girls are absolutely wonderful. I haven't encountered a bad teacher at Girard . The counselors are great. The children have a choice they have access to more teachers, tools, counselors, education then ever before. Parents and students should be involved with all the educational opportunities. Math competitions. There are so many good things about this school. God Bless GMS! FM

Girard Middle School 5

Posted February 14, 2011
Girard is the best. I am in the 6th grade and love it. I am really glad that i didn't go to Carver. I am not going to say that some of the student's don't misbehave ,but still overall Girard is not bad. The students get a choice of which exploratory they want computer,band,choir,or art. I picked band and play Alto Saxophone and our band/choir teacher is the best.(!!!!) Some teachers are really strict but some are pushovers. :( Our principal is awesome. The assistant principal and the girls assistant coach are okay. There are many more great things i can name about my school but i won't b/c by reading these few sentences you can tell Girard is the place to be!!!

Girard Middle School 0

Posted March 11, 2010
I can't beleive school borad and parents of Girard. My son has 2 children at Girard in the 6th grade. All of the teachers there are the worst. They have no interest in the children only a pay check. School board please do something about Girard. Years ago it was a good school why have you the school broard let this school go down. Please get some good caring teachers at Girard. Get new teachers. Parents please voice your concerns about these teaches. Make Girard a good school again. Take some lessons from Kelly Springs. Get teaches like Kelly Springs has. They help the children and they care about them.

Posted March 01, 2010

Girard Middle School 4

Posted July 22, 2008
The teachers are amazing. The food is okay... Then again its cafeteria food. Overall i am so happy there and would no possible chance of me changing schools

Girard Middle School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
I have been very disappointed with Girard Middle School for the 07-08 school year. I recieved poor teacher communication, I feel my child learned very little this year. He wont be going back, we've decided to move him out of that school. I also find it very strange that in the neighborhood where this school is located, the parents do not send their children to this school......Why is that ?

Girard Middle School 5

Posted May 26, 2008

Posted April 17, 2006

Girard Middle School
600 Girard Ave, Dothan, AL  36303
Last modified Girard Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Girard Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top