Dothan, AL

Posted August 22, 2014
The teachers and Principal know every student. The PTO is very active and involved with the school. My daughter loves this school. She's been there since kindergarten and is now a 2nd grader.We love love love this school!

Posted October 27, 2013
We love Heard Magnet. Our son has been there for 4 years (3rd grader), and our daughter just started Kindergarten. We could not be any happier! We love the teachers and the Principal. Common Core has started, and is challenging. It changes the way the kids learn versus how we parents learned years ago, but the school is helping us adapt. I think it will be excellent to have the same standards across the nation. I want my kids to be as prepared as those in other states. I feel confident that Heard Magnet is doing their part to prepare these children!

Posted February 21, 2012
Great school! Easy for parents to be involved, and you can tell that the staff love every child. Hard to leave when visiting.....my daughter loves going to school each day. This is a reflection of the quality education she gets each day at Heard in such a good environment.

Posted March 29, 2011
This school is a very good school,and I am proud to hear my daughter and grandson tell people they go to Heard Magnet. It is a very great school,that really pushes the kids to use their talents and their imagination to the fullest. They take many educational field trips, that my kids wouldn't even have been able to take if it hadn't been for their attendance at Heard. They also offer many incentives for children who do well in school,such as food certificates to local restaurants, and trips to Wings and Things. Their principal,as well as teachers are very interested in every child there,and know just about every one by name, and they treat anyone that comes to the school,as well as the children with great respect.

Posted May 29, 2009
Heard is a great school for my child. I enjoy all of the extra activities in the school.

Heard Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2008
My child attended in the upper grades. I must say that the principal is the most uninvolved I have ever met. I had a very hard time getting a conference when needed, and when a problem arose, I would find out about it 3 weeks to a month later! I just found out that my magnet school child will be rezoned to this school. I am serious considering private school instead.

Posted June 20, 2007
My child has enjoyed going to this school so much she hate to say good_bye. She thinks that Mrs. Cynthia Holloway is the best 5th grade teacher! They love this school so much!

Heard Elementary School
201 Daniel Circle, Dothan, AL  36301
Last modified Heard Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heard Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top