No rating

Enterprise Preparatory Academy

Private | PK-12 | 6 students

Living in Enterprise

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $104,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $524.

Posted July 21, 2014

EPA was once a wonderful school. Now, it really isn't. I attended here from Kindergarten to seventh grade. My last year, seventh grade, was absolutely terrible. The elementary grades in EPA are decent. Seventh and above is the worst. This school is strongly Protestant. Being a Roman Catholic surrounded by a majority of Baptist kids, I was singled out. Every week in chapel, we were asked if we were saved. It was torture for me this whole last year. I was completely segregated from everyone in my grade. The kids in the middle and high school are not a very good group at all. EPA has no extra curricular activities at all, except for volleyball. Don't get me wrong, the volleyball team is actually pretty good. They are such a small school. Every year, EPA is declining in quality dramatically. Some teaches are excellent - some are not. Think twice before sending your kids to EPA above sixth grade. This school may work for some, but it didn't work for my family.

Posted June 12, 2014

I went to this school and it was a horrendous experience. The curriculum is a joke, the teachers are ridiculously unprofessional and bullying runs rampant. Don't send your child here unless you plan on paying for their therapy sessions. I would give this school no stars if it were possible. Most two faced unchristian school ever!!!

Posted June 12, 2014

I had to pull my child out of this school after one year. The curriculum is very weak and the principal encouraged the lackadaisical attitude of the faculty. They do not care about the parents concerns, overall it was a horrible experience.

Posted December 4, 2013

I, like a poster below, am attending a university and majoring in philosophy. The college curriculum has blown my mind. Needless to say, I have been mocked for the ignorance I have been taught at EPA. The curriculum is nothing but proselytizing. If you want to raise your child to be a Christian, do it at home or in church, but not through school. Your child will end up missing modern and accepted knowledge in the areas of philosophy, science, history, literature, and even a few topics in mathematics. This is not where the seeds of an intellectual are sewn.

Posted October 27, 2013

Contrary to several negative remarks posted on this site, our son graduated from EPA several years ago and has been very successful in a highly respected private college, making the deans list. EPA was an excellent platform for his college prep. In fact, that was the reason we sent him to EPA and we are so thankful we kept him out of public schools. Also, the founding couple of EPA are outstanding people and it would be difficult to find anyone caring more about your kids. Invest in your kids, send them to EPA.

Posted October 6, 2012

As a current university student and past student of EPA, I can unreservedly say I am thankful I left before high school. As a biology major, I speak with authority when I say the religious dogmatic curriculum is unfit for teaching science. The curriculum teaches anti-evolutionism and anti-conservationism. Granted, this may fall within your own religious leanings, it is diametrically opposed to the central teachings of modern biology -- which is necessary to master before going to medical school, dental school, graduate school in the life sciences... Much of the physical science curriculum goes by the wayside when learning about only Bible-believing historic chemists and physicists and not about many central figures in such disciplines. Additionally, historical, governmental, economic, and literary texts are presented from a hyper-conservative and unilateral point of view. In short, I feel this is not a school in which one can foster intellectualism necessary for future academic success at the highest level.

Posted September 26, 2012

What a joy it is to come to Enterprise Prep everyday. This school is not large in size, but what it lacks in size, it makes up for with HEART! Our children are given a safe, Christian environment to come to each day. The administration, teachers and staff work hard to give the students the best possible education. Our headmaster ALWAYS has her door open to listen and parents are encouraged to be a part of their childs day.

Posted May 27, 2012

This school is owned by a couple and not is not facilitated like most schools are. It is very different. Some issues are resolved and some are not. We liked it but may not be coming back. I'm not sure if it is really worth the asking cost. I think you should know this before signing the agreements. You will have to pay for a lot. Including the lunches with are super expensive. Some work does not come home too. You may wonder where your child is at times with his work. A safe place overall. Field trips could improve. And I wish they would not allow some trouble makers into the school for financial reasons.

Posted February 20, 2012

Enterprise Prep Academy does not have the problems I have read in some of the one star reviews. The school must have changed in the last few months because my children have not experienced any negativity from the teachers or the staff. We are happy with the ability to be able to pray and have chapel in school and are pleased with the education the children are receiving. Thank you for being a beacon of light in Enterprise.

Posted December 18, 2011

What a truely awesome Christian education Enterprise Prep Academy provides! Even the grandparents are impressed!

Posted December 18, 2011

EPA provides a wonderful Christian education. Our family is so happy with EPA and my children are excited to go to school each day.

Posted September 16, 2011

This school is terrible and this is really reflected in it's graduates. Well over half are not in college/and or not succeeding in college or even public schools. Get your child out before it's too late! Most of these 5 star reviews were probably written by staff/principal such as the one below. Teachers ARE NOT QUALIFIED. My son was a straight A student at EPA and now is struggling to catch up in public school.

Posted July 28, 2011

You go into the school and tell you of all the Christian benefits and the family atmosphere. But my child has been hurt by this school for way too long. The teachers make unprofessional decisions and dont act as teachers. Most of the teachers that are assigned to teaching a class arent properly educated in the subjects. I do not agree to how they run the sports programs. The kids most of the time sit and listen to the teachers rants rather then running around getting Physical Education. Their schedule is always interrupted by the Coaches or other teachers. The children miss up to 4 classes a week between chapel and interruptions. They are very un-Christian like in many circumstances. My child has grown up in the Enterprise Preparatory Academy school system and I wish that they would have prepared him/her more for college/new school. My son/daughter is behind on many subjects and His/her credits are not as if they should be. I am not impressed. Once we decided to leave the school they turned there back on my family and many other families which decided to leave.

Posted July 27, 2011

Horrible school above the elementary grades. Their middle and high school programs are not acedemic at all. Seriously, I wouldn't send my dog there. The owners are not concerned about students. When I went to them with concerns she told me, "We are a business first. That is out primary concern."

Posted March 8, 2011

EPA has been such a blessing to our family. The teachers are committed to our children and the kids are so motivated.

Posted January 11, 2011

This school has been a dream come true for our child. We have enjoyed the staff and atmosphere at EPA. Thanks

Posted August 28, 2010

EPA is a great school and I am glad I am a student here. I would not ever want to go anywhere else. We need to support this school. Where else are we going to get a school that Prays and says pledges to the American Flag, Christian Flag and the Bible!! We carry our Bibles and we READ them at school and we pray in the name of Jesus. Why would anyone put that down??

Posted August 27, 2010

My child attended prek here. She is at public school this year for kindergarten. And while I was happy with her academic progress at this young age, I was very disappointed with the administration. Constant fundraisers through the year, hidden fees which were not revealed prior to enrollment. Also, school was cut short for my child by approximately 2 weeks with only one weeks notice prior to the end of the school year. Not impressed.

Posted March 31, 2010

The administration and staff are very disorganized. This is not a prep school. Many of the teachers are not qualified. It professes to be a ''Christian'' school, but it's not. They talk the talk, but don't walk the walk. Don't waste your time OR money!!!!

Posted March 31, 2010

This school is not, I repeat not, worth anyone's time or money that is over the 6th grade. This school will not prepare your child for anything above the 6th grade! Majority of the teachers who teach high school are not qualified to teach the subjects they are assigned to teach. The administration is very unorganized and has no leadership. This is not a Christian based school. The sports at this school is not based on one's talent, but is based on favoritism. This school has too many cliques and many of the kids curse, are very rude, and two faced. This school is so fake and will not ever prepare your child for college. The curriculum combines Christianity/the subject. Your child will never learn from this. Do not expect anything great and grand from this school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Fax number
  • (334) 308-0264

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious