PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (2 responses)

Posted February 20, 2016
I don't want to go into too much detail about the past, just know we had a very challenging experience with the public school system and had to make a change for our child's sake. We did try another private school and we have no major complaints about that school either, except they had very little to offer as far as extra-curricular activities and we did not feel our son was ready to advance to the next grade because of our previous experiences with the public system had put him behind. We attempted home schooling, to no avail, we were just not that great at it, but we were willing ANYTHING to help our son with his education! So, my hat's off to successful home-schooling parents for sure! Moving on, WE HAVE BEEN BLOWN AWAY BY EPA! This was the best decision we could have ever made for our son's education! EPA has small class sizes and the teachers are able to TEACH our children. His teacher has been a God-send for us/our son. Here's just one example, our son's handwriting has been atrocious at best. We had tried our best, along w/ past teachers to help him with his handwriting. Not until he attended EPA, did a teacher take the time to not only teach him, but hold him to a standard for his handwriting. I wish I could post a sample, but if you go to their FB page, you can see what I am talking about there, I posted samples on their page. Its not only his handwriting, but there are other tangible differences that his current teacher has been able to TEACH our son. I wasn't sure if this was possible, our past experiences had been so different. Not only do they have non-common core curriculum with experienced teachers, they have a wide variety of extra-curricular offerings. My son is currently taking Tae kwon Do, Crossfit Kids and just finished up basketball and are preparing for the soccer season. All offered AT the school. There is also a music program and he brought home a recorder to work with (important, but wow, I won't miss the recorder). The older grades were involved in the science fair and have advanced to compete against other public schools! This school has it and you won't be disappointed if you decide on EPA for your children. If you want a bullying-free, non-common core and a staff who truly care about your child's education, EPA is a school to consider! Good Luck! Check out their FB page and see for yourself.

Posted February 09, 2016
My children were attending one of the local public schools and were not succeeding. One of our children was nearly held back because of a lack of improvement in reading. The Student to Teacher ratio was very high 26:1 at the public school. EPA has been a completely different experience with a student to teacher ratio of just 14:1 and only 10:1 in the other class. The teachers have tons of experience; with the teachers my children have are all above 30 years of teaching experience. My child that was almost held back has now excelled in school with nearly all As and just one B, and the academics are much stricter. We absolutely love this school and my kids love to get up in the morning and head out. Also this year they started sports programs, with basketball just finishing and soccer starting in a few weeks.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 09, 2016
All of the teachers are amazing but a special thanks to my children's teachers: Mr. Jones, Ms Beth and Ms Myers. Thank you so much for what you do, the kids have absolutely excelled this year.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted February 09, 2016
The teachers at EPA have decades of experience in teaching and have reached my children better than any school we have been at previously.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 09, 2016
The kids are constantly pushed academically and personally to succeed. Not to just get a good grade but to understand how to apply the material for later in life.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 09, 2016
My children have come home with a deep understanding of respect for their parents, each other and most importantly respect for themselves.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 09, 2016
The school promotes caring among the students and develops compassion through several projects such as Christmas child and can food drives. The community focus is fantastic.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted February 09, 2016
The teachers and staff work with the students in class, chapel, and sports teams to ensure inclusiveness, honesty and integrity. Thoroughly impressed with the values my children have come home with, they have gotten along so much better with each other since starting at EPA.

Posted December 14, 2015
Amazing teachers, amazing facilities! Would highly recommend for any child and any family! The individual attention and curriculum is critical in a child's growth and EPA by far reaches every expectation...

Posted October 02, 2015
After reading one of the parents reviews from Aug. 20, 2015 I have to say I couldn't disagree with them more. Many of the problems stated were quickly addressed and have changed.The mention of bullying has never been experienced by our family and we aren't aware of any incidences. We love the new administration! We have experienced nothing less than professionalism and care and the atmosphere has been so positive. Our kids feel the same way and can't wait to go each day. We knew there would be some bumps and adjustments a long the way, as there are with any new changes, but we feel they have all been for the better. The church that bought the buildings have made so many positive improvements to the facilities and grounds. And the atmosphere is so different. I would say that the school has done a complete 180 in the last 12 months. We love it! As far as it being a church school, we asked a lot of questions when the church purchased the buildings and they are two separate entities from what we were told. The school leases their building from the church. We have heard nothing but good about the church that made the purchase. Enterprise Preparatory Academy has always been a Christian school from the very beginning so the Christian influence did not come about when the church purchased the buildings. We are thankful for all of the changes and for a positive, loving Christian environment. We are excited about the future of EPA!

92 County Road 539 Enterprise, Alabama 36330, Enterprise, AL  36330
Last modified Enterprise Preparatory Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12