PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

I don't want to go into too much detail about the past, just know we had a very challenging experience with the public school system and had to make a change for our child's sake. We did try another private school and we have no major complaints about that school either, except they had very little to offer as far as extra-curricular activities and we did not feel our son was ready to advance to the next grade because of our previous experiences with the public system had put him behind. We attempted home schooling, to no avail, we were just not that great at it, but we were willing ANYTHING to help our son with his education! So, my hat's off to successful home-schooling parents for sure! Moving on, WE HAVE BEEN BLOWN AWAY BY EPA! This was the best decision we could have ever made for our son's education! EPA has small class sizes and the teachers are able to TEACH our children. His teacher has been a God-send for us/our son. Here's just one example, our son's handwriting has been atrocious at best. We had tried our best, along w/ past teachers to help him with his handwriting. Not until he attended EPA, did a teacher take the time to not only teach him, but hold him to a standard for his handwriting. I wish I could post a sample, but if you go to their FB page, you can see what I am talking about there, I posted samples on their page. Its not only his handwriting, but there are other tangible differences that his current teacher has been able to TEACH our son. I wasn't sure if this was possible, our past experiences had been so different. Not only do they have non-common core curriculum with experienced teachers, they have a wide variety of extra-curricular offerings. My son is currently taking Tae kwon Do, Crossfit Kids and just finished up basketball and are preparing for the soccer season. All offered AT the school. There is also a music program and he brought home a recorder to work with (important, but wow, I won't miss the recorder). The older grades were involved in the science fair and have advanced to compete against other public schools! This school has it and you won't be disappointed if you decide on EPA for your children. If you want a bullying-free, non-common core and a staff who truly care about your child's education, EPA is a school to consider! Good Luck! Check out their FB page and see for yourself.

My children were attending one of the local public schools and were not succeeding. One of our children was nearly held back because of a lack of improvement in reading. The Student to Teacher ratio was very high 26:1 at the public school. EPA has been a completely different experience with a student to teacher ratio of just 14:1 and only 10:1 in the other class. The teachers have tons of experience; with the teachers my children have are all above 30 years of teaching experience. My child that was almost held back has now excelled in school with nearly all As and just one B, and the academics are much stricter. We absolutely love this school and my kids love to get up in the morning and head out. Also this year they started sports programs, with basketball just finishing and soccer starting in a few weeks.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at EPA have decades of experience in teaching and have reached my children better than any school we have been at previously.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The teachers and staff work with the students in class, chapel, and sports teams to ensure inclusiveness, honesty and integrity. Thoroughly impressed with the values my children have come home with, they have gotten along so much better with each other since starting at EPA.

Amazing teachers, amazing facilities! Would highly recommend for any child and any family! The individual attention and curriculum is critical in a child's growth and EPA by far reaches every expectation...

After reading one of the parents reviews from Aug. 20, 2015 I have to say I couldn't disagree with them more. Many of the problems stated were quickly addressed and have changed.The mention of bullying has never been experienced by our family and we aren't aware of any incidences. We love the new administration! We have experienced nothing less than professionalism and care and the atmosphere has been so positive. Our kids feel the same way and can't wait to go each day. We knew there would be some bumps and adjustments a long the way, as there are with any new changes, but we feel they have all been for the better. The church that bought the buildings have made so many positive improvements to the facilities and grounds. And the atmosphere is so different. I would say that the school has done a complete 180 in the last 12 months. We love it! As far as it being a church school, we asked a lot of questions when the church purchased the buildings and they are two separate entities from what we were told. The school leases their building from the church. We have heard nothing but good about the church that made the purchase. Enterprise Preparatory Academy has always been a Christian school from the very beginning so the Christian influence did not come about when the church purchased the buildings. We are thankful for all of the changes and for a positive, loving Christian environment. We are excited about the future of EPA!

Develops character: Agree

But Disagree due to the Bullying that occurred this past year. Should NOT be tollerated

We attended the Elementary portion of this school from 2008-2015. We were not impressed with the Public school option, so this school was an alternative for us. It is important to not that this school is now a church affiliated school. IT IS NOT a PREP school. Church affiliated= Church controlled. Liked: 1)Small teacher/child ratio 2)Fall break and Spring Break 3)Classroom Volunteer opportunities Disliked: 1)Parent/teacher conferences. Not set days in school year for this. You could request though. 2)Curriculum. ABEKA and Bob Jones biased and not adequate. Especially in STEM. Very Christian based. 3)Extras: No foreign language, formal music program. Art program was available. 4)PE program. Not adequate. No gymnasium, Kids came home with severe carpet burns, now have scarring. Twisted ankles from outdoor activities. Grounds not safe. Fire ants and potholes galore. 5)No covered outdoor play area. Kids would go out during the heat of the day. Sunburns, some severe. 6) School lunch. It was WONDERFUL in past years. Now Fast food catered. Not healthy. $5 per lunch. 7)Bullying: there should be a NO TOLERANCE POLICY in force. We had issues that were not addressed by the school administration. SHOULD NOT HAPPEN IN A SMALL PRIVATE SCHOOL. 8)Administration: We experienced some nonprofessional attitudes. They did not handle situations with my child in a private and confidential manner. Did not handle disciplinary issues in an appropriate manner. Caused self-esteem issues with my child. Not sure if administration has an educational background. More church affiliated. I chose not to give this school a "bad" review. We had some positive experiences over the years. Had some really wonderful teachers too. The past year was the worst. Parents need to do their due diligence and investigate the school. Research the curricula. We supplemented STEM, Music, and Foreign Language at home. Promotes Creation based Science education in a very biased manner. Also, many employees of the school affiliated with the church.

I am so extremely grateful to EPA for turning our son's third grade year into the best school year ever! He was no longer bored with the curriculum, nor frustrated with Common Core, nor hated going to school. The Christian based curriculum was very interesting to him and it challenged him to excel. The small class size enabled his teacher to focus more time on each student, encourage them, and allow them to talk quietly at times without being disruptive. We are so grateful to his teacher, Mrs. Beth, and the staff for the wonderful environment they have created. The fact that our child's innocence is protected is also a major advantage! We are looking forward to the next school year and only wish we had moved him sooner! It is also important to note that the leadership at EPA changed at the beginning of the 2014/2015 school year. Our experience was quite different from the negative reviews from previous years.

This school is a great answer to the current public school system. The children here are safe, very well cared for, and well educated by licensed teachers who have decades of experience. These teachers choose to work in this environment rather than the public schools for very telling reasons. The students learn from a traditional Christian based curriculum that advances them beyond where other schools are able or willing to go. This school is accredited, devoted to student's excellence in learning, and continuing to improve that experience in all areas.

Last modified Enterprise Preparatory Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12