Enterprise, AL

Posted December 11, 2013
This is the ONLY 7th grade school for the town of Enterprise and the facilities are horrible. This was a segregation school and is now JUST a school for all of the 7th grade and is overly crowded. The school district built an amazing High school building (for 10th-12th grades leaving out yhe 9th grade) but apparently spent the rest of the money on the football field.

Coppinville School 5

Posted October 05, 2013
Excellent staff & administration! Wish some of the other schools in the system would mirror this administration.

Posted May 27, 2012
One came over here to EPA and caused some problems. Do not send your bad child to the private school!

Posted May 22, 2012
I agree with the previous reviewer in regards to violence, the lack of respect among peers, the lack of control and just the lack of caring for the most part. The nurse at the school, however, I give credit for taking care of my daughter on several occasions. The school is too small for the volume of students and I would encourage the city to explore other options than putting ALL 7th graders from Enterprise and some from FT. Rucker in ONE school. If I had to do this year again, I would NOT send my daughter to Coppinville.

Posted May 08, 2012
We are a military family that moved to Alabama last year from Alaska, where both of my children were honor roll students in the public school system there. My son attended Copinville this year, and has almost lost all respect and confidence in his educators. Put aside the fact that the school is located in a very poor socioeconomic neighborhood with a high crime rate, and the facility itself is old and in disrepair. Disregard the fact that security in the school is almost nonexistant. I know this because I walked through the front doors and wandered the halls for nearly an hour before being confronted by a faculty member. The school has a bad gang and drug problem, and mind you these are 7th graders. Violence between students plagues the school and often ends in police envolvement. A few of the teachers with "seniority" have completely lost touch with why they became teachers and now just lose their credibility with their pupils and parents. In one year my son has gone from admiring and respecting teachers, to all but lose total confidence and respect for them. Thank God it's only a one year school. Please exaust all possible options before subjecting your child to this experience.

Coppinville School 2

Posted December 15, 2011
Our child went here, last year. She's a great student & got A's all year, but couldn't wait for school to end! There were fights just about every week (usually girls) with injuries & police intervention more than once--teachers were not always quick to break up fights. Our biggest issue, was with a few of her teachers, specifically her science, math and technology teachers. I've never seen such unprofessionalism! Teachers are there to TEACH and facilitate learning, not mock/ridicule/humiliate students in front of the class (there's enough of that amongst their peers without teachers adding to it!), tell stories mocking obese people, complain about how bad their childhood was or how bad the students are or have been in the past, tell students how to correctly slash their wrists, remind students they were struck by lightning 4 times, sit at their desks & play computer games, simply read a fill-in-the-blank paper & call it teaching. Unreal! How can one expect students to be respectful, when teachers aren't?! Discipline in science class was minimal, while disruptions from a few students was constant. Kudos to the principal & 3 teachers our child had that acted like teachers!

Posted December 14, 2011
This school has been one of the worst schools I have ever dealt with. From not having enough books for each student to lazy teachers. If students do not have books to bring home and study for tests, a quiz, or just to do general homework then something should be provided in its place. We are a military family and this is my third child so I have dealt with many other schools in different states, and this by far is the absolute worst. If I could I would do what other military parents have done and pull my child from this school and home school.

Posted October 20, 2011
I would give this school zero star rating if possible. There are a number of issues with this school. Safety is not a priority here. My child was made to sit on the floor of the bus due to overcrowding. There are daily fights and the school doors are wide open for anyone to walk in. It is acceptable for teachers to be late, to not teach, to take cell phone calls, and text in class. It is acceptable for teachers to not help students if they are busy on the computer. My child has a teacher that teaches one day a week and has the students take notes from the book the rest of the days. The administration in less then competent on issues that I have brought before them and defensive rather then helpful. My child has been harmed emotionally at this school. Beware!

Coppinville School 4

Posted November 18, 2010
II had only heard negative comments about this school. But, it's the only 7th grade school in the area, how can the attendees be troublemakers every year? What I have learned is the children who were disciplinary problems in elementary school, will continue to be problems. Principal Seals is an awesome person during a phenomenal job. Ms. Jessie, the school counselor, is what a counselor should be, unbiased, compassionate, fair, and decisive. If a parent has an issue, she should be their first contact. The teachers and some of the support staff have taken on the "whatever" attitude of some of the 7th graders. Very few teachers attend school events, such as the girls & boys basketball games. Some of the teachers don t appear to put in an extra effort to help students achievement beyond what is expected. The Assist. Principal needs to step up too. They all could learn to smile more. The school itself is old and dirty. There may be more than one housekeeping person, but the only one I ever see is Mr. Edwards. It s unacceptable to think he can keep that building immaculate by himself; with one person it s going to get as clean as it going to get.

Coppinville School 0

Posted March 18, 2010
My son attends Coppinville & the only reason he is still there is we cannot afford private school & ther eare no other options in Enterprise. We move here last year at the end of his 6th grade year. Prior to attending Coppinvill he had only received 1 B in his life & that was on a homework assignment. He was invited to The National YOung Scholars conference in 4th, 5th & 6th grades & the National Leadership conference in Washington D.C. in 5th & 6th grades. Since starting Coppinville we have struggled to keep him with C's or better. My children have never attended a school that is so impersonal. If you wish to discuss something you have to E-mail the teachers & wait for a response. There are fights almost daily. The school itself is dirty, the bathrooms are disgusting & the overall appearance is just horrible.

Coppinville School
301 South Ouida, Enterprise, AL  36330
Last modified Coppinville School is a Public school that serves grade 7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Coppinville School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top