Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Develops character: Neutral

I never heard one way or the other. My son did well and made a few friends but I think at this age, teenagers all struggle with honesty and fairness

My oldest son went here for two years and did well, but thankfully he wasn't the target of bullying which I am told is a problem

Coppinville is not a school I would recommend you to send your children to. The students are treated as if they are in a prison. The rules are a bit much. Most of the teachers are good but the current principal would be better off working in a juvenile center.

This is the ONLY 7th grade school for the town of Enterprise and the facilities are horrible. This was a segregation school and is now JUST a school for all of the 7th grade and is overly crowded. The school district built an amazing High school building (for 10th-12th grades leaving out yhe 9th grade) but apparently spent the rest of the money on the football field.

Excellent staff & administration! Wish some of the other schools in the system would mirror this administration.

One came over here to EPA and caused some problems. Do not send your bad child to the private school!

I agree with the previous reviewer in regards to violence, the lack of respect among peers, the lack of control and just the lack of caring for the most part. The nurse at the school, however, I give credit for taking care of my daughter on several occasions. The school is too small for the volume of students and I would encourage the city to explore other options than putting ALL 7th graders from Enterprise and some from FT. Rucker in ONE school. If I had to do this year again, I would NOT send my daughter to Coppinville.

We are a military family that moved to Alabama last year from Alaska, where both of my children were honor roll students in the public school system there. My son attended Copinville this year, and has almost lost all respect and confidence in his educators. Put aside the fact that the school is located in a very poor socioeconomic neighborhood with a high crime rate, and the facility itself is old and in disrepair. Disregard the fact that security in the school is almost nonexistant. I know this because I walked through the front doors and wandered the halls for nearly an hour before being confronted by a faculty member. The school has a bad gang and drug problem, and mind you these are 7th graders. Violence between students plagues the school and often ends in police envolvement. A few of the teachers with "seniority" have completely lost touch with why they became teachers and now just lose their credibility with their pupils and parents. In one year my son has gone from admiring and respecting teachers, to all but lose total confidence and respect for them. Thank God it's only a one year school. Please exaust all possible options before subjecting your child to this experience.

Our child went here, last year. She's a great student & got A's all year, but couldn't wait for school to end! There were fights just about every week (usually girls) with injuries & police intervention more than once--teachers were not always quick to break up fights. Our biggest issue, was with a few of her teachers, specifically her science, math and technology teachers. I've never seen such unprofessionalism! Teachers are there to TEACH and facilitate learning, not mock/ridicule/humiliate students in front of the class (there's enough of that amongst their peers without teachers adding to it!), tell stories mocking obese people, complain about how bad their childhood was or how bad the students are or have been in the past, tell students how to correctly slash their wrists, remind students they were struck by lightning 4 times, sit at their desks & play computer games, simply read a fill-in-the-blank paper & call it teaching. Unreal! How can one expect students to be respectful, when teachers aren't?! Discipline in science class was minimal, while disruptions from a few students was constant. Kudos to the principal & 3 teachers our child had that acted like teachers!

This school has been one of the worst schools I have ever dealt with. From not having enough books for each student to lazy teachers. If students do not have books to bring home and study for tests, a quiz, or just to do general homework then something should be provided in its place. We are a military family and this is my third child so I have dealt with many other schools in different states, and this by far is the absolute worst. If I could I would do what other military parents have done and pull my child from this school and home school.

Last modified Coppinville School is a Public school that serves grade 7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.