Enterprise, AL

Posted September 28, 2010
This is an all-around GREAT school! We moved to Enterprise so our children could attend a school system with such high standards and be involved in a community that still has pride in its schools.

Posted September 28, 2010
Dauphin Jr High School is doing a fabulous job of preparing students to be responsible young adults. The students are challenged academically and the teachers are held accountable for the transfer of knowledge that takes place on a daily basis. After working in a neighboring school district, I can assure all parents considering Dauphin Jr High that as an educator and a parent, this is definitely the school I will want my own children to attend. The test scores and lack of serious discipline issues speak volumes!!! Leadership is key - and this administration gets an A+

Posted April 30, 2010
I love the location of Dauphin and how the Special Education Dept communicate with the parent. I have learned that it takes both school and parent to make sure that the child is getting every opportunity to do their best. I myself communicate with all my child's teachers and make sure that we are all on the same page.

Posted August 24, 2008
Great school, the teachers and principals are knowledgeable and work with the kids.

Posted August 10, 2008
The teachers in school don't have to and will not care for you. I would strongly suggest you just all out not move to enterprise to save yourself the trouble of having to bourden all the below standerd school systems. I have lived in many areas of the world and I can strongly state that the teaching is fine, but, if you are looking for a healthy invironment then you really should look elsewhere

Posted July 25, 2008
Dauphin is an outstanding school focused on creating a strong educational foundation for students. Dauphin gave both of my children the opportunity to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to excel, including my oldest making the Dean's list at Alabama. Dauphin is not tolerant of slackers, either students or their parents and they account for the negative reviews in this forum. If you are moving to Enterprise and desire that your 8th or 9th grader attend a safe, orderly school, focused on solid foundational academics and participate in a spirited student body, then live in the Dauphin school district. The administration and faculty care deeply about every student, even when the student and parents don't seems to care themselves. Super education institution that statistically is at the top of Alabama's rating and ranks quite high nationally. Don't attend if you're a whiner or aren't willing to accept responsibility for your actions.

Posted June 04, 2008
I love DJHS!The teachers are sooooo nice and they really take the time to help you out!!!Plus our principle is like the best ever! Are you going to 8th or 9th grade? Go to Dauphin!!

Posted February 20, 2008
i love this school , i rased my grades from a d to and A, if i were a parent this would be the best place to place my child, because of the grate teacher involvement

Posted February 26, 2007
Well, I must say that They do spend too much time with the dress code, with the new pricipal this year. The classes are actually pretty basic, not very challenging to students. The teachers are a little rough. But, the school is in a nice condition, and is quite bigger and more organized than the other junior high in Enterprise. It just lacks in involvement in things.

Dauphin Jr High School 1

Posted December 14, 2006
Any science lab equipment the school has is brought in occasionally from a grant a teacher applied for. In English the kids are not learning how to write papers which they need to know for college! Instead they are learning how to recognize verbs, nouns, pronouns etc. which they should have already learned by now! There are no foreign language classes offered until 10th grade and it all makes me understand now an article in the paper recently stating that Alabama ranks one of the lowest in the country in preparing their children for college. There is a lot of talk about the Enterprise educational system being the best and maybe compared to other schools in Alabama it is. But compared with the rest of the country, Enterprise children are being cheated out of a good education because of old fashioned views and resistance to change. What a shame!

425 Dauphin St, Enterprise, AL  36330
Last modified Dauphin Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dauphin Jr High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top