Posted February 06, 2014
I'm a member of the class of 98 and my time at EHS was pretty good. When I was there they were a 3 sport school ( basketball, football, and baseball ) I didn't like that . But I heard they added more sports to the program and that's great. Education wise Excel is a great school and family oriented.

Excel High School 3

Posted August 08, 2012
It is true, EHS does have some valuable assets. But, there are drawbacks to living in a small town. The educators try, but there is no way that they can reach every single student in such large classes. Diversity is another aspect of Excel that is lacking; for instance, there are few minorities represented within the student body. I know from experience that this causes animosity among students and teachers. Another negative is that the football team is the grounding for the school. Taking time out of one's day to go to a pep rally rather than learning the basic rules of grammar, logic, philosophy, or language is not an excellent use of children's mental resources. Boys and men are catered to within the EHS - girls sports, activities, and training are not at the core of the schools values. Women are not allowed, or sincerely discouraged, to take Agricultural Science (Ag) or Shop classes. This severely limits the potential of those women who graduate from Excel. It also reinforces negative, stereotypical gender roles. Speaking of gender roles, sexuality is highly discouraged - leaving students to explore dangerous territory. Homosexuality is out of the question as well.

Posted June 06, 2011
just a concern parent trying to keep intouch with childs progress in school,i know that a lot of times the school will seen letters home with the student but some time those letters dont make it home.

Posted January 19, 2010
im a student and everyone is nuce sweet and accepting the teachers love to he us and is pround to be here

Excel High School 0

Posted February 12, 2009
I graduated from Excel. This was some of the best times of my life. Close friends and caring teachers. This is the best school in the county.

Excel High School 0

Posted October 18, 2008
So Im a student in ehs and I can say that everyone in the school is very close to one another..We are taught to be leaders and have great citizenship.We all work together to make our school and town a better place .We hold alot of sports and club with the rule of an overall average or better : I can say excel is one of the few school you can grow tto a wonderful family as students and teachers we all work together

Posted May 05, 2008
My son is a student and his father is a graduate from EHS, by far this is the best school in the county. His father and I would not send him anywhere else, the teachers and staff are great. We are keeped informed with his progress and that is very important to us. Thank you EHS for a wonderful job well done.

Posted April 25, 2008
I am a former student at EHS that is by far the best school in monroe county educational and athletic wise. I am very proud of the education I have recieved there and cant wait to send my children there.

Posted April 18, 2008

Posted December 13, 2007
i am a graduate from excel and all 3 of my children went to excel.my youngest is a senior this year.excel has the best staff in the county and they should be proud of the job they do every day

Excel High School
3010 Hwy 136 West, Excel, AL  36439
Last modified Excel High School is a Public school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Excel High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top