Bad
Good

My child attend this school for the first time this year. For a lack of better words...this school is horrible. It's teachers does not present themselves as educators, but as employees who is waiting on their check. My child had a 504 Plan due to disabilites. This school did not know what it was, did it know how to facilitate it, nor had adequate provisions for my child education. The worst thing is that the school did not have any teacher that was trained to assist my child with the disability, so they had to "wing it." I would not recommend this school to my worst enemy. This school is a complete travesty to any school system.

Glen oaks has some of most knowledgeable teachers in Alabama. My granddaughter has really grown in the 4 yrs she's been at Glen Oaks.I really like the willingness the school has for helping all there students and communicating with the parents. ALL I CAN SAY IS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GLEN OAKS.

I cannot comment on Glen Oaks the way it may operate presently. But when I attended there back in the late 60s, it was an excellent school. They did a fantastic job in teaching us to read and write and really fueled our curiosity to learn. The teachers were very caring and looking back now, I really appreciated the smaller class sizes and the neighborhood feel of the school. We felt loved and protected and this created a great learning environment. I also remember that our parents were very involved in working with the school staff and the teachers. It is my opinion now that most of the problems we have with schools today stem from the lack of parental involvement. It is easy to sit back and criticize schools instead of taking a direct interest in helping schools and school boards to fix issues head on. Also, our learning didn't end once we left the school grounds but kept on going when we got home. It is not always about more money or more plans or more programs. Stick to the basics of reading, writing and arithmetics and the rest of the learning process will take care of itself.

I have a child that attends Glen Oaks Elementary and is a special needs student. The Fairfield School System does not supply enough resources to work or take more time with kids with Learning Disabilites, AD/HD, Social, Emotional, or Psychological issues. I wouldn't recommend this school or system for kids with these listed problems.

We love Glen Oaks Elementary. Currently, I have one grandchild attending there and another that will begin Kindergarten in the Fall, we are so excited. The school is relatively small in comparison to other city schools. This school reminds me of my elementary school as a child.

Last modified Glen Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.