Fairhope, AL
Students enrolled: 1,389

Posted September 01, 2014
I am a parent of a student who recently started here, as we recently moved here due to a military transition. I have to say that I have been extremely impressed with the school overall. The administration have been there to answer all my questions about the school (Ms. Schulz and Mr. Cardwell have been awesome), and my son has said positive things about most of his teachers. I am also very impressed about the "Digital Renaissance" program in the Baldwin County School System, as this has not been offered at any other school that I have had a child in. We look forward to being a part of the "Pirate Community" for our next few years in the Fairhope area.

Posted July 07, 2014
Graduated from FHS in 2011, doing great in college and set to graduate next year. Enjoyed my time there very much. I would definitely reccommend this school.

Posted June 02, 2014
I would not recommend this school for anyone. My son transferred here in January and I am moving back to north Al. The kids are brats and think they are better than anyone and the teachers are not any better. If you are not from Fairhope then you are treated extremely bad. Oh yes did I forget to mention the drugs that are openly displayed in the school? Oh that's right these kids are priviledged!!!!!

Posted April 28, 2014
Exceptional school with a great leadership and faculty! The students are very well-mannered and respectful. It is the best high school in our district!

Posted February 27, 2014
i strongly recommend your child not to go to this school. this school is not the place to be. i remember my child coming home everyday telling me how she wants to move and not be here any longer. their are known to be some bad kids at this school doing bad things. there has been violent activity at this school. the teachers do not help a lot with anything and the administrators are ridiculous about why you get in trouble for things. they will suspended you for anything and everything. i advise that you don't bring your child here to this school, because i promise they will not enjoy one bit.

Posted December 16, 2013
We are extremely pleased with FHS. The principle, staff, faculty AND students have been very friendly and helpful to us as we moved here from out of state. The curriculum and great expectations of the students is highly commendable as well. The extracuricular activities offer something for everyone too.

Posted October 02, 2013
Wonderful atmosphere, staff, and principle. If you are looking for a great school that truly exemplifies the communal spirit of Fairhope, AL, this is the school for you! The AP program is one of the best around, improving every year as grant money pours in. Its upper level academics surpasses that of Bayside Academy and teachers work closely with students to give them a REALISTIC outlook on college and the world in general. Fairhope schools are wonderful for raising children as well.

Posted April 17, 2013
Since the last review was posted, the school has upped it's game. There is a new principal, and the counselors are also really great. The principal knows most of the 1,000 or so kids names and the kids WANT to say hi to him in the hallways. He is working to weed the bad teachers out and to hire new ones. The IB programme has stepped up and right now the freshman class has 50 kids in it, larger than usual. The AP courses are doing well, as well as college prep. There is a place for everyone. Personally, I think it passes Daphne on so many levels. If you aren't too keen on Fairhope High School, my next suggestion would be Spanish Fort High School. Do not waste your money on Bayside Academy.

Posted December 08, 2011
This is probably the worst school I have EVER stepped foot into. If you arent rich, you might as well leave. The people are MEAN. The atmosphere makes you sick. I DO NOT recommend this school. Any school is better than this one. Daphne High School is where you want to send your kids.

Fairhope High School 3

Posted July 30, 2010
Fairhope High School is an adequate high school. The teacher quality is only good if you are on the college preparatory or International Baccalaureate track but even then you will get some bad ones. The Alabama tenure law guarantees that. The leadership of the principals and her assistants is marginal. All of them are very difficult to work with and refuse to listen to feedback. This school is not in the business of meeting the needs of its students. The community has gotten so apathetic about trying to work with these people that parent involvement is in a decline. The problem is no other options in this town. The private school, Bayside Academy, is no better.

Fairhope High School
1 Pirate Dr, Fairhope, AL  36532
Last modified Fairhope High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairhope High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top