Posted December 01, 2014
This school is horrible. Not just this one but all the fairhope schools. My kids come home crying not because of other students but because of the teachers. They treat the students bad and talk down to them. I moved to fairhope because I was told the schools were great. I regret moving my kids and putting them in these schools.

Posted August 25, 2014
I moved away from Fairhope because of the schools. Many people who were raised in the area consider Fairhope schools the benchmark for others to follow. That reputation is undeserved, elitist and not supported by statistics. Unfortunately, a lot of the deluded ideas of superiority come from the principals. Especially at the intermediate school, reputation was the main focus. I have lived in five states. My children fortunately have attended some truly (and statistically) excellent schools (zoning for high schools in the top 100 in the nation). In Fairhope, gifted is a social club for the children of mothers in the PTA. I watched my children's progress stagnate. The classes are overcrowded. My 4th grader had 34 in her class, four of whom who were severly autistic with a new teacher. There are bullying issues that are ignored. At break, students are not allowed to run, play sports and there isn't at ground equipment of any kind. They are allowed to eat and gossip. In PE there was assigned seating so students can listen to safety lectures. In addition on Fridays, snow cones are sold in PE class! I very much prefer the communities of Spanish Fort and Daphne. Fairhope is very cliquey.

Posted April 28, 2014
This is a great school where the kids are loved and the teachers are caring. The teachers and staff inspire the kids with kind words of encouragement. They have high expectations in their thoughts and actions.

Posted March 25, 2014
This is a great school. Being a military family, we have lived all over the country and experienced many school systems. Having said that, we have had nothing but a great experience here. We have been welcomed by staff & teachers. I feel the teachers & staff genuinely care about my two children and their education. My children have flourished here. The other parents seem very involved in wanting to make the school the best it can be without the pressure of being the "best" & leaving anyone behind. It is also great to still see a public school with art, music, technology, & languages. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted December 06, 2013
We love our school. My son has amazing an teacher and everyone is very caring. I have had nothing but great experiences dealing with teachers and the principal. I am so glad we didn't believe some comments made about this school and go to a private school.

Fairhope Intermediate School 2

Posted May 31, 2013
Many wonderful, innovative teachers (who must fear for their jobs) and many horrible, tenured teachers who remain on staff because they never question the fake, ineffective and unyielding principal. Having the weakest link at the top of the chain is a recipe for disaster. With a new principal who isn't afraid of change and who allows teachers to actually teach to their full potential this could be a great school, but for now, FIS is the weak link in the Fairhope school system.

Fairhope Intermediate School 3

Posted September 23, 2011
Having relocated to the area from out of state and having experienced superb public schools elswhere, the Fairhope public schools are good for the area but not up to par when considering other, better managed public school systems.

Posted July 02, 2011
Great teachers and a lot of community and parental involvement with this school and all Fairhope public schools.

Posted March 15, 2011
for those of you that have moved in from out of state or out of town dont worry all the other schools in the fairhope school system are amazing except this one so it will get better

Fairhope Intermediate School 2

Posted February 21, 2011
After moving here from another city in Alabama we are VERY disappointed in school system! There are 31-36 kids per classroom. Teachers do more managing behaviors instead of teaching. We are having to teach my daughter after she gets home to make sure she is getting everything she needs to pass test when we never had to do that before. She is a very bright girl and has always made straight A's. Her grades have suffered since moving here and we (parents) are having to teach her again once she gets home which is not fair to her! Kids need to play not go to school twice in one day!

Fairhope Intermediate School
1101 Fairhope Ave, Fairhope, AL  36532
Last modified Fairhope Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairhope Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top