Fairhope, AL

Posted May 01, 2015
I love working at Fairhope Intermediate! We work hard to make FIS the best! I am so thankful to work among such incredible, inspiring teachers who are passionate about helping mold these children into smart, well-rounded, and respectful citizens. We love what we do and we love our students!

Fairhope Intermediate School 2

Posted April 29, 2015
As a student at FIS, I am very displeased. The teachers spend half their time speaking of behavior and self conduct, rather than teaching. Self behavior is something that should be taught by parents, not teachers. Also, teachers' learning programs are fast-paced and are guided on their belief of how quickly they think you should learn it. They don't take the time to make sure each student understands the material before moving on. This raises my next issue, which is the amount of students in each class. The ratio of students to teachers(not including special Ed, electives, PE, and Gifted Ed) is 31-36/1. This is amazingly high, causing the previously mentioned lack of assurance that everyone understands. Another issue I have found is the repetition of material. Each year the teachers have taught us practically the same lessons, with minor changes (such as the name of the material, their approach on teaching it, etc.). It is as if the same education standards were set for each grade. My final issue is hygiene. We have outstanding janitors, but even Mrs.Broughton says we don't have enough of them. She has not done anything about this. Because of all of this, I can't wait to leave it.

Fairhope Intermediate School 1

Posted December 01, 2014
This school is horrible. Not just this one but all the fairhope schools. My kids come home crying not because of other students but because of the teachers. They treat the students bad and talk down to them. I moved to fairhope because I was told the schools were great. I regret moving my kids and putting them in these schools.

Fairhope Intermediate School 1

Posted August 25, 2014
I moved away from Fairhope because of the schools. Many people who were raised in the area consider Fairhope schools the benchmark for others to follow. That reputation is undeserved, elitist and not supported by statistics. Unfortunately, a lot of the deluded ideas of superiority come from the principals. Especially at the intermediate school, reputation was the main focus. I have lived in five states. My children fortunately have attended some truly (and statistically) excellent schools (zoning for high schools in the top 100 in the nation). In Fairhope, gifted is a social club for the children of mothers in the PTA. I watched my children's progress stagnate. The classes are overcrowded. My 4th grader had 34 in her class, four of whom who were severly autistic with a new teacher. There are bullying issues that are ignored. At break, students are not allowed to run, play sports and there isn't at ground equipment of any kind. They are allowed to eat and gossip. In PE there was assigned seating so students can listen to safety lectures. In addition on Fridays, snow cones are sold in PE class! I very much prefer the communities of Spanish Fort and Daphne. Fairhope is very cliquey.

Posted April 28, 2014
This is a great school where the kids are loved and the teachers are caring. The teachers and staff inspire the kids with kind words of encouragement. They have high expectations in their thoughts and actions.

Posted March 25, 2014
This is a great school. Being a military family, we have lived all over the country and experienced many school systems. Having said that, we have had nothing but a great experience here. We have been welcomed by staff & teachers. I feel the teachers & staff genuinely care about my two children and their education. My children have flourished here. The other parents seem very involved in wanting to make the school the best it can be without the pressure of being the "best" & leaving anyone behind. It is also great to still see a public school with art, music, technology, & languages. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted December 06, 2013
We love our school. My son has amazing an teacher and everyone is very caring. I have had nothing but great experiences dealing with teachers and the principal. I am so glad we didn't believe some comments made about this school and go to a private school.

Fairhope Intermediate School 2

Posted May 31, 2013
Many wonderful, innovative teachers (who must fear for their jobs) and many horrible, tenured teachers who remain on staff because they never question the fake, ineffective and unyielding principal. Having the weakest link at the top of the chain is a recipe for disaster. With a new principal who isn't afraid of change and who allows teachers to actually teach to their full potential this could be a great school, but for now, FIS is the weak link in the Fairhope school system.

Fairhope Intermediate School 3

Posted September 23, 2011
Having relocated to the area from out of state and having experienced superb public schools elswhere, the Fairhope public schools are good for the area but not up to par when considering other, better managed public school systems.

Posted July 02, 2011
Great teachers and a lot of community and parental involvement with this school and all Fairhope public schools.

Fairhope Intermediate School
1101 Fairhope Ave, Fairhope, AL  36532
Last modified Fairhope Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 4-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairhope Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top