Fayette, AL

Hubbertville School 1

Posted August 16, 2014
I graduated from this school and my biggest mistake was sending my kids there. If i had it to do over I would NEVER have sent them there. The faculty places way too much emphasis on sports here. Ive even heard one coach here tell some of the atheletes that they are the leaders here at Hubbertville. Which I strongly disagree. I would bet my last dollar that every positive comment left on here was from a parent of a student that played some sort of sport here or a student that played a sport. If your not into sports your simply out!! Thats all that matters here. Bullying here is out of control and despite having talked with the Principal Tim Dunavant nothing has changed. Nothing will ever change here. Very few teachers here and I mean very few are truly interested in teaching your kids. Send your kids elswhere.. Im serious. This place is a JOKE!!! Way too many ignorant people around this area.

Posted July 30, 2014
This school is wonderful and the dispite the other negative comments my review is from someone who loved being in highschool here. The Principal, Mr. Dunavant, is actually not the problem at all. He gives each child a choice of punishment. They get to choose the first two times. If they do not benefit then he decides the punishment. For children who were taught how to behave at home this is not a problem. Unfortunatly, there are some parents who have ruined what there children could have been. On the other note, If you went to school here and werent college and career ready it is probably your own fault. The classes now are strictly ACT or career classes . This school is great . I would want my children to be able to go here. I believe if we begin teahing our children when they are small how to be a moral person in society they will act that way the rest of their lives. That is where most parents mess up:in the home.

Hubbertville School 4

Posted October 15, 2012
To fully understand, experience with all five senses. Hubbertville school is a great place for students who want to network with a lot of people. The close-knit community is known for coming together during the tuff times and celebrating in the good. I attended HUB from pre-K to 12th grade.There was opportunities available for everyone, all you have to do is ask.I had some great teachers and some not so great teachers, but the not so great teachers are only there for a short period of time, because the teachers are evaluated and must meet certain standards. The school does well in keeping up and staying ahead in Technology in the classroom. For students seeking challenging courses, I recommend taking ACCESS classes. For students needing extra help, I reccommend asking someone privately, or taking advantage of announced remedial opportunities. The school has a small student to faculty ratio. The school's leadership is dedicated to equality, fairness, and helping students achieve. Parents and Students who fail to show respect will miss out. I challenge you to enrich yourself in Hubbertville and experience it with all five senses!

Posted October 10, 2012
I started going to this school in kindergarten and graduated in 2011. That place is my heart and soul. When I get finished with college and get ready to settle down, I want to raise my family there! It's a wonderful place to grow up. The teachers there are amazing and always do their best to help you. That school is the reason I have been able to succeed this far. I love that place and cherish my memories there. It might be a tiny school, but it makes up for it in heart!

Hubbertville School 4

Posted January 14, 2012
I am a graduate from Hubbertville as well as my children. Is the school perfect? Absolutely not. However, my children, myself, and many more have gone on to major university and completed 4 and 6 year degrees without any problems. I was an athlete as well as my children. I don't recall any special privileges when it came to academics. We earned what we got. However, many hours in addition to the regular school day was spent which helped us become dedicated, and dependable individuals. What did we gain by being a participate in the athletic program, winning records, area champs,state playoffs, memories, and life lessons. Hubbertville School has a safe environment for students. Education is like any thing else - you get out of it whatever you are willing to put in to it!!!!

Hubbertville School 1

Posted July 06, 2011
The teachers at this school for the most part are great. They work and go far beyond what most would to help the students. However the principal of the school, Tim Dunavant, is the worst choice ever. There have been kids beyond violent in the school and his answer is in school suspension, so they can clean the school. Hubbertville is supposed to be a zero tolerance, but apparently the administration doesn't understand what this means. The asst. principal however is wonderful, but it is true that one person can ruin a school, just look at what the school was in 2000 and what it is now. Pathetic.

Posted April 20, 2009

Posted March 03, 2009
Those whom want to learn will learn. I went to Hubbertville and ive turned out just fine. To the negative comment(Feb.22, 2009) Students should quit blaming 'their' academic and extracurricular shortcomings on the staff/faculty at Hubbertville. Since 2004, that school has produced some of the top college students in America. Some of us have gone on to Samuel Ginn College of Engineering (Auburn), Harrison School of Pharmacy (Auburn), MSU Meteorology School, Engineering School at the univ. of Alabama, law school, and various nursing schools everywhere. So, dont blame 'the system'. Hubbertvilles' system is working just fine! Mr. JJ Stafford (comment from August 2006) , the athletic program at Hub turns boys into men. It may seem old-fashioned to such contemporaries such as yourself JJ, but theres more to sports than winning and losing. Hub (our coaches) teaches you about heart and how to react when your butts nailed to the wall.

Hubbertville School 2

Posted February 22, 2009
I went to high school at Hubbertville and the teachers did NOT teach me what I needed to know. I specifically remember having a whole semester of a subject in which the teacher only gave us a few open-book worksheets. Some of the staff and teachers play favorites, and if a student has not gone to school there since elementary school, they get the short end of the stick. There are some excellent teachers there who care about their students, however. Unfortunately, there only one or two of these teachers, and they cannot compensate for the lack of good teachers. I also agree with a previous comment on here about how the athletics are considered more important than anything else. If a student is involved in anything besides sports, they are definitly under-appreciated and non-athletic programs are treated very unfairly.

Posted August 04, 2008
My three children went to Hubbertville,some of my grandchildren are going there.Wish they all could. Its a great place for kids to go to school. They have really good teachers.

Hubbertville School
7360 County Rd 49, Fayette, AL  35555
Last modified Hubbertville School is a Public school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hubbertville School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top