Florence, AL
Before care: Yes

Posted December 25, 2014
My children, from an average income family, attended Mars Hill Bible school k-12, made top grades in college, graduated from college with honors, received graduate degrees and obtained professional high paying jobs. Mars Hills stats of following their graduates, their college degrees, and professional jobs represents the high achievements of their students. Public education has done a better PR job yet educationally, Mars Hill stands FAR above the norm.

Posted June 08, 2014
Probably the most affordable private Christian school around. A true school of excellence in all aspects. Small classes but students receive millions of dollars in scholarships each year and are recognized as top-performers at the next level. The Christian environment is excellent. These graduates are also equipped biblically and serve in churches all over the U.S. So thankful my parents sacrificed to send me,and now I am sacrificing to send my children. No other choice but Mars Hill Bible School.

Posted April 22, 2014
Totally disorganized ! Children of alumni and wealthy catered to. Teachers are loving but lack in teaching anything other than bible. Facilities and technology need major upgrades. Not worth 6500 dollar tuition.

Posted March 27, 2014
This school is all about status and thats it. To pay such high tuition for a mediocre education is ludicrous. Also, I have never felt so judged by parents of other children as well as teachers as I have here. School functions are reminiscent of the movie "mean girls" and it is absurd that a Christian school would be so full of such hypocrisy.

Posted August 06, 2013
My daughter ha been at the preschool for three years now. I was elated to get the lat available spot for her. The teachers are loving and they have a fantastic curriculum. I am a teacher and could not be happier with my choice. My daughter is learning more than I would have expected at her age. She is also learning character values that she needs and are lacking in the public school where I teach because the only focus is testing!

Posted June 10, 2013
I am VERY POSITIVE about MHBS and I must offer a rebuttal for some of the comments that have been posted. First, MHBS does not offer the EXIT EXAM because the Alabama Department of Education WILL NOT provide the exam to private schools. You will find that this is the case at ALL private schools in the state. Second, to those who said MHBS does not provide quality academic training. You have to BE KIDDING! Each year the senior class has an average of 45 people and they earn over $1 million in scholarships! Third, to those that say MHBS does not offer what the major public high school in our area offers...you are exactly right. A school like MHBS who has 175 students (9-12) cannot offer the same things as a huge high school. What MHBS DOES offer is an environment where your child can learn about GOD, be taught by godly people, AND succeed academically. MHBS is the ONLY choice for private education in the Shoals area!

Posted June 06, 2013
Mars Hill holds a very special place in my heart. It is where I met my wife & best friend, classmates who remain lifelong close friends, and where I received a solid Christian education from teachers who really cared about their students. I have very fond memories of the years I spent at Mars Hill, and my wife & I are very thankful to God for continuing to provide us a way to send our children to Mars Hill too. It was very important to us when we decided to have children to be able to continue the legacy our parents began by raising second generation Mars Hill graduates. Mars Hill is without a doubt, truly a great school.

Mars Hill Bible School 2

Posted December 27, 2011
My husband and toured the daycare and were very impressed with the cleanliness of the facility and teachers. However, the lady we spoke with regarding admissions could not give us a definite yes on availability seven months out. When asked at what point would she know when they would know either way, she could not answer. So I am still unclear why I would pay the registration fee and complete the application if I can't even get a straight answer or a guess either way. She seemed annoyed by questions so we have decided this is not the best fit for our baby's child care. We are pleased we have found a comparable daycare with a very friendly and open staff and management.

Posted August 17, 2011
Sheltered my foot! Songs from Glee and Rent. Please! Poor choices for a Bible School. Songs from these two shouldn't be allowed becuase of the very fact that these two promote a lifestyle that most Christians don't agree with.

Posted March 09, 2011
MHBS is an excellent school! My son has attended MHBS for two years and the teachers, staff and principal (Mr.Derr) have been wonderful!

Mars Hill Bible School
698 Cox Creek Parkway, Florence, AL  35630
Last modified Mars Hill Bible School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mars Hill Bible School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top