Posted February 04, 2011
SCS is an excellent place for academics. The quality of education is outstanding. The teachers go way beyond what is required of them with support for the students. My son is challenged daily in academics and is encouraged to go beyond the classroom. What an incredible experience!

Posted October 06, 2010
I have paid tuition for a total of 26 years(over 140,000 dollars) with 2 children going from K-5 to graduation. It has been worth every penny. SCS is not perfect by any means...but you get the effort, compassion, honesty, willingness to listen, and help from almost every teacher there now and in the past. They are dedicated, underpaid, and good in 99% of the cases. Teacher turnover has been an issue and the efforts by Florence City parents to squash the success of SCS has kept it from growing enough. It has excelled in the past 12-13 years and the best is yet to come. I can only hope my grandkids get the experience at SCS that my daughters did. It is a champions school! education, sports and spiritually!! !

Posted February 14, 2010

Posted August 05, 2009
Shoals Christian is a gem! I have been quite impressed by the quality of education that my child has received here. The school manages to strike a perfect balance of high educational standards and a positive and relaxed learning atmosphere. More than anything, I am amazed by how happy the children seem to be. They walk down the halls smiling and high-fiving their teachers and each other! The teachers and staff really seem to care about each child, and with a low teacher-student ratio, they have the opportunity to really get to know each of them. In addition, unlike many other schools, the teachers are willing to teach to the individual child, rather than simply teaching to the middle. I am always impressed to see the number of National Merit Scholars that have come out of this school; but I am not surprised.

Posted August 23, 2005
We had planned to only send our children to SCS during the preschool years. We were so amazed at the great atmosphere, that we have decided to allow our boys to hopefully greaduate from SCS!

Posted August 09, 2005

Posted August 07, 2005

Posted June 28, 2005
Our oldest child began attending SCS in the seventh grade and is now a very successful senior in a top grade mid-south university. Our second child is an equally successful senior at SCS and has enjoyed numerous social, scholastic and service opportunities. SCS combines all the academic and social assets of a small school with the extracirrcular activites of a much larger school. Was it the right decision for our family? You bet it was!

Posted March 09, 2005
Our three children have attended SCS for 3 Years. We are very pleased with their overall experiece there. Our oldest son is in the marching band, and our middle son loves the art classes. My husband and I like the way that they are taught that God's word applies in every aspect of life.

Posted February 24, 2005
We have 2 children at SCS and we love the school. Very good academics, great sports and activities for the kids to participate in. The principles and teachers are very open and available. We honestly could not be happier with the enviroment it provides for our children.

Shoals Christian School
301 Heathrow Drive, Florence, AL  35633
Last modified Shoals Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Shoals Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top