Florence, AL

Posted July 18, 2013
Children are not recognized for their ability to process information, but they're rewarded for their popularity and athletic composition. The school also promotes one religion over other beliefs by conducting prayer at numerous events during the school year. Attendance at public educational facilities is mandatory for children and while this school is in session, the students are influenced to accept the beliefs this school promotes.

Posted May 21, 2013
Florence High School has been the worst thing to happen to my child since day one of his school career. It seems that wealthy children and those in the college bound classes and those who play sports are the only students who receive any attention and respect. The others are treated and spoken to very horribly and disrespectfully. The administrators made it a point to call the me for any minor infraction (such as my child forgetting their Ipad or being late to a class), but when my child's grades dropped to failing due to the stress of his treatment there by teachers and staff, not once did I get a phone call. Bottom line: they don't care about each individual student.

Posted January 23, 2009
I believe that a school should operate on the premise of what is best for each child. If you are looking for a school to hold to that principle, avoid Florence High School at all cost.

Florence High School 2

Posted December 17, 2008
I agree with this parent. My son attends FHS and there is a problem with the communication with the administration and faculty. The school wants more parent involvement, but they do not want to communicate when the parent has something to bring to the table.

Posted October 19, 2008

Posted October 14, 2008
Florence High school teachers do not hae enough time in a class period to even teach!!!! My daughter always comes home with homework she doesn't even know how to do and she is very comited to her studies!!!!

Posted October 07, 2008
Florence City Schools are good with the exception of this high school. Teachers send home letters with improper grammar and punctuation. There is no cooperative effort to help students excel. There is an enormous problem with getting administration to help with anything. If I were moving to North Alabama, I'd avoid Florence High School.

Florence High School 0

Posted October 25, 2007
It's a great school with over-worked teachers, etc. Lunches are not the Ritz. But the students are rough & harsh with others, and that;'s a big distraction. But they also have after school tutoring for free by seniors who care. I know that my student does better when it is one on one and relaxed with another student, sometimes they are distraught in the classroom. And need the help from another student who talks in teen. I wish they had a class in good manners and worked more on special needs of new disorders which require some special exceptions.

Florence High School 3

Posted August 12, 2006
- a former student

Florence High School 0

Posted May 04, 2006
- a former student
I happened upon this website by accident because I was searching for information about Bradshaw High School. I was a member of the second graduating class and I can tell you that at that particular time, both students and parents were very proud of this school and its faculty and staff. The faculty worked tirelessly to help prepare us for what life held in store, whether we chose to continue on to college or join the workforce. That was many years ago, though, and times and people and attitudes change. It was such a disappointment for me to read such disparaging remarks about my alma mater. My advise to the parents is this. If you feel strongly enough about helping to ensure that your child gets the most out of his or her high school years, then get involved. Find out how you can help make positive changes! CLC

Florence High School
1201 Bradshaw Dr, Florence, AL  35630
Last modified Florence High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Florence High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top