Bad
Good

This is a beautiful modern up to date school. I have only one concern. I have seen children sitting n the side of the parking lot in the back of the school by the back playground as cars pass by next to them, during this past school year. This seems dangerous.

I attended this school as a child and now my child is in his third year here. The teachers and administration are top notch!

This is a fantastic school! Students receive a high quality education with their classroom teacher and then are also learning from music, art, PE, library, and technology teachers. This school also has two counselors on staff to teach students character education as well as to help students through difficulties with programs such as Grief Counseling. The administrators, teachers, assistants, and staff members all love their students and their jobs. Forest Hills is an exciting and fun school in which to learn and grow.

Forest Hills is a wonderful place to work. I couldn't imagine being anywhere else. The teachers are focused on the KIDS and the parent involvement is outstanding!

Forest Hills is a wonderful place to work and to learn. The parent involvement is excellent!

Forest Hills is a student-focused school. All decisions made are based on what is BEST for the KIDS! I am grateful to be a part of such a positive learning environment where I am encouraged to think outside the box. Teachers are not only allowed to but encouraged to use multiple resources for teaching the standards. We are not "stuck" in certain programs. Forest Hills is a great school to work and to learn!

After having worked in different schools in our area, I feel so blessed to work in such a wonderful school. Forest Hills has great administrators who truly care about kids and their staff. We have high expectations for all of our students, and are willing to help every child reach his or her potential. The teachers work well together, which helps maintain a positive environment within the school.

If your child has special needs, but not enough to be in special ed classes, choose another school. While they have the resources to accommodate prescribed IEPs, it will not be implemented without a fight. If you don't fit in a one size fits all box, don't go here. PE is a nightmare, as too many classes go at a time and are under supervised. Oh, fundraising... There's plenty!! On a positive note, the art and music programs are amazing, there are some wonderful teachers (definitely not all!), and nice field trips. Just get ready for the homework load.

I have never seen teachers who dress up and wear so much makeup!! I feel as if I'm under dressed each time I visit!! It seems like the teachers/staff compete with each other to see who can look the best and spend the most money. And heaven forbid, if you are not dressed up as well when you visit the school - the looks you get! Really??? Am I sending my child to get an education or learn to be a snob??? The Principal is NEVER friendly, either. I have never seen her speak to any parent unless it is one of the very wealthy and impeccably dressed parents. She has looked directly at me several times in the front office - I smiled and spoke to her - yet she NEVER returned the smile nor the greeting. She was professionally friendly the one time when I had a meeting with her, but to this day still acts like I'm a stranger rather than a parent who trusts her with my child!!! Academically, the school is the best elementary choice in Florence- but nationwide not that great. Many of the moms are stay at home moms which I think is why the students do as well as they do - because they have a parent who has the time to help them with the LOADS of HOMEWORK sent home daily.

A great school with excellent teachers! I'm glad my wife and I chose to enroll our children here!

Last modified Forest Hills School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.