Florence, AL

Posted April 23, 2015
Forest Hills is a student-focused school. All decisions made are based on what is BEST for the KIDS! I am grateful to be a part of such a positive learning environment where I am encouraged to think outside the box. Teachers are not only allowed to but encouraged to use multiple resources for teaching the standards. We are not "stuck" in certain programs. Forest Hills is a great school to work and to learn!

Posted April 23, 2015
After having worked in different schools in our area, I feel so blessed to work in such a wonderful school. Forest Hills has great administrators who truly care about kids and their staff. We have high expectations for all of our students, and are willing to help every child reach his or her potential. The teachers work well together, which helps maintain a positive environment within the school.

Forest Hills School 3

Posted September 29, 2014
If your child has special needs, but not enough to be in special ed classes, choose another school. While they have the resources to accommodate prescribed IEPs, it will not be implemented without a fight. If you don't fit in a one size fits all box, don't go here. PE is a nightmare, as too many classes go at a time and are under supervised. Oh, fundraising... There's plenty!! On a positive note, the art and music programs are amazing, there are some wonderful teachers (definitely not all!), and nice field trips. Just get ready for the homework load.

Forest Hills School 3

Posted May 21, 2013
I have never seen teachers who dress up and wear so much makeup!! I feel as if I'm under dressed each time I visit!! It seems like the teachers/staff compete with each other to see who can look the best and spend the most money. And heaven forbid, if you are not dressed up as well when you visit the school - the looks you get! Really??? Am I sending my child to get an education or learn to be a snob??? The Principal is NEVER friendly, either. I have never seen her speak to any parent unless it is one of the very wealthy and impeccably dressed parents. She has looked directly at me several times in the front office - I smiled and spoke to her - yet she NEVER returned the smile nor the greeting. She was professionally friendly the one time when I had a meeting with her, but to this day still acts like I'm a stranger rather than a parent who trusts her with my child!!! Academically, the school is the best elementary choice in Florence- but nationwide not that great. Many of the moms are stay at home moms which I think is why the students do as well as they do - because they have a parent who has the time to help them with the LOADS of HOMEWORK sent home daily.

Posted June 22, 2010
A great school with excellent teachers! I'm glad my wife and I chose to enroll our children here!

Forest Hills School 0

Posted April 14, 2008
I give this school a ten on a scale from 1-5!! All I can say about Forest Hills are excellent things!! Gina(parent)

Posted December 23, 2007

Forest Hills School 0

Posted October 29, 2007
I am very unhappy with this school teaching about halloween. My child has been very disturbed and upset. I have been pleased with the reading progress, but the food served, lack of physical activity and some of the content taught is not positive.

Posted July 07, 2007
I have been a part of the Forest Hills 'family' for 5 years and have another 5 to go with other children. Words cannot express the positive thoughts I have about this school. If you are looking for a school with high parent-teacher relationships and a great overall elementary school experience look to further than Forest Hills!!!!

Posted February 13, 2007
My son was failing the 1st grade at another school. Within the first 3 weeks of school, we could see a tremendous change. I think it has a lot to do with the way the teachers interact with and form a bond with their students.

Forest Hills School
101 Stovall Dr, Florence, AL  35633
Last modified Forest Hills School is a Public school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Hills School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top